PSA-Did that root just move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave W

Greetings and salutations denizens of AM-B, oh, and you too Spider.

Just a friendly reminder to be careful out on the trails enjoyng the wonderful weather this spring.
The forest creatures are out in force. (No, I'm not talking bout JD, or Shaun the Rimmer.)

I was riding at Line Creek today, a few minutes from the house. And if you recall from my prievious
RR's about this place, you'll remember that it a rooty, jagged, rocky rough 2 mile trail along Line
Creek, a tributary of the Flint River here in central GA. So Iwas on lap 2 this morning and moving
along at a nice clip, trying to look ahead to plan my best point of attack. One must look ahead on
this trail in order to properly set up for the next group of roots or rocks to deal with. It really
is a nifty little trail that has pushed my skill level way up!! And so close to home.

Anyhow, As I was approaching a rather large outcropping of roots from an extremely old oak on the
banks of the creek (which is more like a river, at least 15 feet wide most of it's length) Something
didn't look right....From about 15 yrds I could have sworn one rather largre root was moving! Na,
couldn't be. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. Almost like Spider's logical mumbo jumbo.
(Hey, don't be touching my neck Mr. Spock!)

But as I got closer I realized it was a very large water moccassin! This sucker was 6-8 ft in
length, and about 8 inches in diameter. I was still a good ways away from him. So I just s/u and did
a nice little bunnyhop right over the little fella. Clearing him. I stopped and watched the little
guy slither into the woods. Yes MV, I let this one live. No whipsnake death on my conscience. I felt
good. He felt good. it was just a feel good time!

So let this be a reminder to all those that actually ride. (that leaves you out Spider!) Watch out
for snakes. Don't give Mikey any fuel!

Dave ( I hear they taste like chicken!)

Dave W wrote:
> But as I got closer I realized it was a very large water moccassin! This sucker was 6-8 ft in
> length, and about 8 inches in diameter. I was still a good ways away from him. So I just s/u and
> did a nice little bunnyhop right over the little fella. Clearing him. I stopped and watched the
> little guy slither into the woods. Yes MV, I let this one live. No whipsnake death on my
> conscience. I felt good. He felt good. it was just a feel good time!

Conscience or not..... Agkistrodon Piscivorus, aka Cottonmouth Water Moccasin, (the only one N.A.
poisonous water snake) is not something to **** around with.

Honestly, If'n I saw a Cottonmouth of that size on a public trail, I would have stopped, removed the
9mm from my 'Bak and blow it straight to h&ll. (From a safe distance, of course.)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:04:07 -0400, John G <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
>Dave W wrote:
>> But as I got closer I realized it was a very large water moccassin! This sucker was 6-8 ft in
>> length, and about 8 inches in diameter. I was still a good ways away from him. So I just s/u and
>> did a nice little bunnyhop right over the little fella. Clearing him. I stopped and watched the
>> little guy slither into the woods. Yes MV, I let this one live. No whipsnake death on my
>> conscience. I felt good. He felt good. it was just a feel good time!
>
>
>Conscience or not..... Agkistrodon Piscivorus, aka Cottonmouth Water Moccasin, (the only one N.A.
>poisonous water snake) is not something to **** around with.
>
>Honestly, If'n I saw a Cottonmouth of that size on a public trail, I would have stopped, removed
>the 9mm from my 'Bak and blow it straight to h&ll. (From a safe distance, of course.)

Excellent idea, but I probably would scared the she-ot out of the 60 something y.o blue haired women
that were a scant 50 yards beyond the little joker, out enjoying a little walk on the easier end. I
dismounted, walked past them. Warned them of the little guest on the trail before them. They were
gracious, said thanks for the warning (as well as the standard "Oh my" that grannies are known for,
and we parted ways.

"John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
|
|
| Dave W wrote:
| > But as I got closer I realized it was a very large water moccassin! This sucker was 6-8 ft in
| > length, and about 8 inches in diameter. I was still a good ways away from him. So I just s/u and
| > did a nice little bunnyhop right over the little fella. Clearing him. I stopped and watched the
| > little guy slither into the woods. Yes MV, I let this one live. No whipsnake death on my
| > conscience. I felt good. He felt good. it was just a feel good time!
|
|
| Conscience or not..... Agkistrodon Piscivorus, aka Cottonmouth Water Moccasin, (the only one N.A.
| poisonous water snake) is not something to **** around with.
|
| Honestly, If'n I saw a Cottonmouth of that size on a public trail, I would have stopped, removed
| the 9mm from my 'Bak and blow it straight to h&ll. (From a safe distance, of course.)
|

I grew up with a modest creek running though our back yard and living in that creek were several
Black Snakes (non-poisonous.) Some folks...er...well, let's just say they were a couple steps below
white trash...moved next door to us and very soon they were out there, trying to blast the snakes
with a 12-gauge loaded with rock salt, claiming they were water mocs. The cops came pretty quickly
since you're not allowed to fire a weapon in the city limits, but they just blessed them out and
explained (based on what other neighbors said) that the snakes weren't poisonous. They must have
gotten them, because before long they were trying to kill a creek rat the size of a medium
house-cat.

---
__o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
http://intergalax.com

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.473 / Virus Database: 271 -
Release Date: 4/17/2003

"Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Greetings and salutations denizens of AM-B, oh, and you too Spider.
[snipped beginning of story]

>
> But as I got closer I realized it was a very large water moccassin! This sucker was 6-8 ft in
> length, and about 8 inches in diameter. I was still a good ways away from him. So I just s/u and
> did a nice little bunnyhop right over the little fella. Clearing him. I stopped and watched the
> little guy slither into the woods. Yes MV, I let this one live. No whipsnake death on my
> conscience. I felt good. He felt good. it was just a feel good time!
>
> So let this be a reminder to all those that actually ride. (that leaves you out Spider!) Watch out
> for snakes. Don't give Mikey any fuel!
>
> Dave ( I hear they taste like chicken!)
>
>

My friend and I ran over a rattlesnake in Arizona. We came around a turn, and there was the snake,
crossing the path. The bugger was quite unhappy, but perfectly fine. I've seen quite a few snakes,
coyotes, deer, foxes, etc., while out riding. In fact, one time I was riding in Tucson and I turned
around because all I could hear were coyotes who seemed to be quite irate.

Bob

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:22:14 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

>Greetings and salutations denizens of AM-B,
[snip nice RR]

>Dave ( I hear they taste like chicken!)

..and the chicken tastes like wood, with hip, hop, hippity to hip hop, ya don't stop, ...... blah,
blah, blah...

Peace, Bill

The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

On 18 Apr 2003 20:28:49 -0700, [email protected] (Spider) wrote:

>Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> On 18 Apr 2003 09:11:49 -0700, [email protected] (Spider) wrote:
>>
>> >Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> >
>> >[snip fake RR and pathetic troll]
>> >
>> >Lame.
>> >
>> >Spider
>>

>>
>> And yes, you are one lame doofus aren't you!
>
>Waaaah, waaaah, stop humping my posts, waaaaah.
>
>Hilarious.
>
>Spider

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Yes you are quite hilarious!

Hey dumbass, who is the author of the post you are presently resonding too?

Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 18 Apr 2003 20:28:49 -0700, [email protected] (Spider) wrote:
>
> >Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >> On 18 Apr 2003 09:11:49 -0700, [email protected] (Spider) wrote:
> >>
> >> >Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >news:<[email protected]>...
> >> >
> >> >[snip fake RR and pathetic troll]
> >> >
> >> >Lame.
> >> >
> >> >Spider
> >>

> >>
> >> And yes, you are one lame doofus aren't you!
> >
> >Waaaah, waaaah, stop humping my posts, waaaaah.
> >
> >Hilarious.
> >
> >Spider
>
>
> ROTFLMFAO!!!
>
> Yes you are quite hilarious!
>
> Hey dumbass, who is the author of the post you are presently resonding too?
>

"WhoOOOOOOOOSSSHHHHH!"

The sound of "it" going right over that pointy little noggin.

ROTFL!

Spider

On 20 Apr 2003 13:05:46 -0700, [email protected] (Spider) wrote:

>
>"WhoOOOOOOOOSSSHHHHH!"

Hey spider ****, your heads leaking hot air again. Get a patch kit would ya?
>
>The sound of "it" going right over that pointy little noggin.
>

hahahaha, cuz it mattered about that much. As in not at all!

which, coincidentally, is about as much as you matter. NOT AT ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.