PSA test accuracy

Dr. Richard Sil

Guest
Can someone tell me what the accuracy of the PSA test is. I don't mean with regard to predicting
cancer. I mean the actual accuracy of the test. If I take it today and tomorrow or next week how
closely will the results correspond?

Thanks....

"Dr. Richard Silver" wrote:

> Can someone tell me what the accuracy of the PSA test is. I don't mean with regard to predicting
> cancer. I mean the actual accuracy of the test. If I take it today and tomorrow or next week how
> closely will the results correspond?
>
> Thanks....

http://psa-rising.com/detection/index.html PSA may go up and down, or fluctuate. One elevated
reading does not necessarily justify a biopsy. Researchers at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer
Hospital (http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/13786.cfm) found "natural variations" in PSA levels.

Aside from prostate problems, some physical events and procedures can

biopsy can raise the PSA. The blood test should not be taken soon after orgasm, and should be taken
before rectal exam or biopsy.[] J

"Dr. Richard Silver" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Can someone tell me what the accuracy of the PSA test is. I don't mean with regard to predicting
> cancer. I mean the actual accuracy of the test. If I take it today and tomorrow or next week how
> closely will the results correspond?

That reliability, not accuracy.