Psst Wanna buy a trike company?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Joshua Goldberg, Jun 20, 2003.

  1. I got an email from a Venture Capitalist (a friend) and his news was troubling. Another Oregon bent
    maker calling it quits. I am kinda hoping this is not true (cannot confirm it quite yet), but the
    word is Rich Richardson has called it quits and is offering his Raptor Trike business for sale. I
    know Rich announced he needed a rest from building his trikes. I also know Rich lurks here at ARBR,
    so If you could confirm/deny this rumor Rich it would help. No point in getting the wolves (Venture
    Capitalists) all hot and bothered for no reason.

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    > I got an email from a Venture Capitalist (a friend) and his news was troubling. Another Oregon
    > bent maker calling it quits. I am kinda hoping this is not true (cannot confirm it quite yet), but
    > the word is Rich Richardson has called it quits and is offering his Raptor Trike business for
    > sale. I know Rich announced he needed a rest from building his trikes. I also know Rich lurks here
    > at ARBR, so If you could confirm/deny this rumor Rich it would help. No point in getting the
    > wolves (Venture Capitalists) all hot and bothered for no reason.

    I chatted with Rich a week ago and he asked if I wanted to buy the Raptor business from him, so I
    guess it's true. I turned him down- I've gone down the trike-business road before and I don't feel
    the need to go that way again. Besides, I'm putting on HPV races nowadays- if I were trying to sell
    trikes at the same time, I'd have a bad case of the "ethical hiccups".

    (It would be fun- but I'm currently unemployed and I'd rather separate my "job" and "life"
    functions. I'm going to keep looking for jobs in my chosen field.)

    Rich offered the business for a sum that's more than fair. If anyone is interested in a small-scale
    HPV business, I'd recommend getting in touch with him.

    Jeff

  3. Harv

    Harv Guest

    I thought you were selling out to raise Freddy's thou.<g> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > I got an email from a Venture Capitalist (a friend) and his news was troubling. Another Oregon
    > bent maker calling it quits. I am kinda hoping this is not true (cannot confirm it quite yet), but
    > the word is Rich Richardson has called it quits and is offering his Raptor
    Trike
    > business for sale. I know Rich announced he needed a rest from building his trikes. I also
    know
    > Rich lurks here at ARBR, so If you could confirm/deny this rumor Rich it would help. No point in
    > getting the wolves (Venture Capitalists) all hot
    and
    > bothered for no reason.

  4. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Joshua Goldberg wrote:

    > I got an email from a Venture Capitalist (a friend) and his news was troubling. Another Oregon
    > bent maker calling it quits. I am kinda hoping this is not true (cannot confirm it quite yet), but
    > the word is Rich Richardson has called it quits and is offering his Raptor Trike business for
    > sale. I know Rich announced he needed a rest from building his trikes. I also know Rich lurks here
    > at ARBR, so If you could confirm/deny this rumor Rich it would help. No point in getting the
    > wolves (Venture Capitalists) all hot and bothered for no reason.

    Since I have the evidence in my apartment that one can build a very high quality trike with
    innovative design features and fail to sustain the business financially, I will pass.

  5. Nah Freddy and I made peace quite a while ago...but I don't get my $1K and he promised to not drive
    over me with a SUV...unless he gets bored LOL
    --------------------------
    "harv" <harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I thought you were selling out to raise Freddy's thou.<g> "Joshua Goldberg"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > > I got an email from a Venture Capitalist (a friend) and his news was troubling. Another
    > > Oregon bent maker calling it quits. I am kinda hoping this is not true (cannot confirm it
    > > quite yet), but
    the
    > > word is Rich Richardson has called it quits and is offering his Raptor
    > Trike
    > > business for sale. I know Rich announced he needed a rest from building his trikes. I also
    > know
    > > Rich lurks here at ARBR, so If you could confirm/deny this rumor Rich it would help. No point in
    > > getting the wolves (Venture Capitalists) all hot
    > and
    > > bothered for no reason.

  6. "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I got an email from a Venture Capitalist (a friend) and his news was troubling. Another Oregon
    > bent maker calling it quits. I am kinda hoping this is not true (cannot confirm it quite yet), but
    > the word is Rich Richardson has called it quits and is offering his Raptor Trike business for
    > sale. I know Rich announced he needed a rest from building his trikes. I also know Rich lurks here
    > at ARBR, so If you could confirm/deny this rumor Rich it would help. No point in getting the
    > wolves (Venture Capitalists) all hot and bothered for no reason.

    On the news tonight- CAR REGISTRATION TRIPLING IN CALIFORNIA! With the screwball politics over the
    last few years running the state debt up$38 billion and rising, a trike building- especially bolts
    rather than welds- might be a great business venture. With rising taxes, hospitals closing, job loss
    (meaning no customers); although very tempting, the budget scares me!

    Like to add to my personal trike museum, BUT.....

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.