Psst Wanna buy a trike company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joshua Goldberg

I got an email from a Venture Capitalist (a friend) and his news was troubling. Another Oregon bent
maker calling it quits. I am kinda hoping this is not true (cannot confirm it quite yet), but the
word is Rich Richardson has called it quits and is offering his Raptor Trike business for sale. I
know Rich announced he needed a rest from building his trikes. I also know Rich lurks here at ARBR,
so If you could confirm/deny this rumor Rich it would help. No point in getting the wolves (Venture
Capitalists) all hot and bothered for no reason.

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I got an email from a Venture Capitalist (a friend) and his news was troubling. Another Oregon
> bent maker calling it quits. I am kinda hoping this is not true (cannot confirm it quite yet), but
> the word is Rich Richardson has called it quits and is offering his Raptor Trike business for
> sale. I know Rich announced he needed a rest from building his trikes. I also know Rich lurks here
> at ARBR, so If you could confirm/deny this rumor Rich it would help. No point in getting the
> wolves (Venture Capitalists) all hot and bothered for no reason.

I chatted with Rich a week ago and he asked if I wanted to buy the Raptor business from him, so I
guess it's true. I turned him down- I've gone down the trike-business road before and I don't feel
the need to go that way again. Besides, I'm putting on HPV races nowadays- if I were trying to sell
trikes at the same time, I'd have a bad case of the "ethical hiccups".

(It would be fun- but I'm currently unemployed and I'd rather separate my "job" and "life"
functions. I'm going to keep looking for jobs in my chosen field.)

Rich offered the business for a sum that's more than fair. If anyone is interested in a small-scale
HPV business, I'd recommend getting in touch with him.

Jeff

I thought you were selling out to raise Freddy's thou.<g> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]>
wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> I got an email from a Venture Capitalist (a friend) and his news was troubling. Another Oregon
> bent maker calling it quits. I am kinda hoping this is not true (cannot confirm it quite yet), but
> the word is Rich Richardson has called it quits and is offering his Raptor
Trike
> business for sale. I know Rich announced he needed a rest from building his trikes. I also
know
> Rich lurks here at ARBR, so If you could confirm/deny this rumor Rich it would help. No point in
> getting the wolves (Venture Capitalists) all hot
and
> bothered for no reason.

Joshua Goldberg wrote:
>
> the word is Rich Richardson has called it quits and is offering his Raptor Trike business for
> sale. I know Rich announced he needed a rest from building his trikes. I also know Rich lurks here
> at ARBR, so If you could confirm/deny this rumor Rich it would help. No point in getting the

Since I have the evidence in my apartment that one can build a very high quality trike with
innovative design features and fail to sustain the business financially, I will pass.

Tom Sherman - Various HPV's Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

Nah Freddy and I made peace quite a while ago...but I don't get my $1K and he promised to not drive
over me with a SUV...unless he gets bored LOL
--------------------------
"harv" <harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I thought you were selling out to raise Freddy's thou.<g> "Joshua Goldberg"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> > I got an email from a Venture Capitalist (a friend) and his news was troubling. Another
> > Oregon bent maker calling it quits. I am kinda hoping this is not true (cannot confirm it
> > quite yet), but
the
> > word is Rich Richardson has called it quits and is offering his Raptor
> Trike
> > business for sale. I know Rich announced he needed a rest from building his trikes. I also
> know
> > Rich lurks here at ARBR, so If you could confirm/deny this rumor Rich it would help. No point in
> > getting the wolves (Venture Capitalists) all hot
> and
> > bothered for no reason.
> >
>

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

On the news tonight- CAR REGISTRATION TRIPLING IN CALIFORNIA! With the screwball politics over the
last few years running the state debt up$38 billion and rising, a trike building- especially bolts
rather than welds- might be a great business venture. With rising taxes, hospitals closing, job loss
(meaning no customers); although very tempting, the budget scares me!

Like to add to my personal trike museum, BUT.....

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.