Psychology: Why we don't like bike riders

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Aushiker, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Aushiker

Aushiker New Member

This is a podcast from ABC 774 in Melbourne ...
    Andrew

Tags:

2. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

Did he mention 'progress envy'? :) Drivers hate seeing a cyclist run a red light and fly up the road a 45km/h when they're stuck at the intersection going nowhere.
    If it was the law-breaking that pissed them off, then they'd moan about the 50 hajillion pedestrians who cross against red lights. :)

3. Aushiker

Aushiker New Member

Ah but they identify with that group and hence don't see anything wrong happening. Andrew

4. HBChristo

HBChristo New Member

Suggestions of the subconscious mind:
    Why "WE" don't like bike riders, :
    1. Commercial/ Tradesman Drivers
    "who do they think they are, why should I give an inch, I'm working ... they're only think they are"
    2. Semis doing plus 80km/h
    "are these guys insane .... ? "
    3. Pedestrians Crossing
    "It's my crossing, I don't have to look ... in fact if I see one ... I'II walk faster onto the crossing ... and conduct a State Parade ... maybe have a bbq on it ... they wait ... there's not a problem is there?"
    4. Hotted up Commodores
    "He thinks he hot ... I'm hotter ... and here come my revs ... listen to me ... bike boy ... listen to my muffler yeh yeah"
    5. Eurocars
    "I'm not passing closer to 1 metre ... those rules only apply to non European vehicles in this country ... besides I only cruise past'
    6. SUV drivers
    "I didn't apex them out of the round about ... the back of an SUV doesn't exist ... I have rear view camera ... so I'm allowed to pretend my blind spot is really a beauty spot."