Psyconeuroimmunology

Andrea

Guest
Hi my name is Andrea and Im in second year massage program. I have an assignment due on
psyconeuroimmunology. How the body and mind interact during massage. Does anyone have an thoughts,
information, or websites they could offer me?

Thanks so much Andrea

Mj Hess

Guest
FASCINATING! :-D I'll be interested to see what sort of response you get. I'm interested in
that as well.

Mj "Andrea" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi my name is Andrea and Im in second year massage program. I have an assignment due on
> psyconeuroimmunology. How the body and mind interact during massage. Does anyone have an thoughts,
> information, or websites they could offer me?
>
> Thanks so much Andrea

Michael Baugh

Guest
Ya know, the first direction I would go would be towards holistic massage. When I take a person
through guided imagery, (standard routine- at the beach, waves gently lapping at the shore, sun
shining on the back, especially warm where I place my hand, etc) the skin becomes quite reddened at
the area I place my hand. Something like that simply should not be able to happen! Sorry, I normally
could give you websites for something I say, but in this particular case, I'm at a loss. But I
swear, when I do it, it gives me the feeling that I am touching the person's soul or personal
essence. It is indeed a most humbling experience, and would be interested in knowing if others have
had similar experience.

Andrea <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi my name is Andrea and Im in second year massage program. I have an assignment due on
> psyconeuroimmunology. How the body and mind interact during massage. Does anyone have an thoughts,
> information, or websites they could offer me?
>
> Thanks so much Andrea

Ben & Lydia

Guest
Try the Touch Research Institute website http://www.miami.edu/touch-research/home.html or look for a
book by Dr. Tiffany Field called "Touch Therapy"

Ben Crabtree, RMT, MTI, CNMT San Antonio, Texas http://massagebyben.vze.com