Psyconeuroimmunology

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Andrea, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Hi my name is Andrea and Im in second year massage program. I have an assignment due on
    psyconeuroimmunology. How the body and mind interact during massage. Does anyone have an thoughts,
    information, or websites they could offer me?

    Thanks so much Andrea

    Tags:

  2. Mj Hess

    Mj Hess Guest

    FASCINATING! :-D I'll be interested to see what sort of response you get. I'm interested in
    that as well.

    Mj "Andrea" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi my name is Andrea and Im in second year massage program. I have an assignment due on
    > psyconeuroimmunology. How the body and mind interact during massage. Does anyone have an thoughts,
    > information, or websites they could offer me?
    >
    > Thanks so much Andrea

  3. Ya know, the first direction I would go would be towards holistic massage. When I take a person
    through guided imagery, (standard routine- at the beach, waves gently lapping at the shore, sun
    shining on the back, especially warm where I place my hand, etc) the skin becomes quite reddened at
    the area I place my hand. Something like that simply should not be able to happen! Sorry, I normally
    could give you websites for something I say, but in this particular case, I'm at a loss. But I
    swear, when I do it, it gives me the feeling that I am touching the person's soul or personal
    essence. It is indeed a most humbling experience, and would be interested in knowing if others have
    had similar experience.

    Andrea <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi my name is Andrea and Im in second year massage program. I have an assignment due on
    > psyconeuroimmunology. How the body and mind interact during massage. Does anyone have an thoughts,
    > information, or websites they could offer me?
    >
    > Thanks so much Andrea

  4. Ben & Lydia

    Ben & Lydia Guest

    Try the Touch Research Institute website http://www.miami.edu/touch-research/home.html or look for a
    book by Dr. Tiffany Field called "Touch Therapy"

    Ben Crabtree, RMT, MTI, CNMT San Antonio, Texas http://massagebyben.vze.com