Psycotic pedestrian

"Paul Boyd" <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Danny Colyer said the following on 05/11/2007 23:32:
>
>> And they always "park" 3' from the shelves, so no-one can get a trolley
>> past in the aisle.

> Or walk down the middle of the aisle then drag the trolley around so they
> can reach the shelf, with the trolley now sideways across the aisle...
>
> (There's a crowd forming!)
>
> --
> Paul Boyd
> http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Oh good I'm glad it is not just me that has noticed these things.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]lid
says...
> Paul Boyd has brought this to us :
>
> > That's how you can tell cyclists or motorcyclists in supermarkets - they're
> > the ones who look over their shoulder before pulling their trolley out.The
> > car drivers drive their trolleys like their cars :)

> I'd never *dare* make a comment about driving ability, but why *is* it
> that women are so totally incapable of controlling a supermarket
> trolley in a responsible manner? :eek:Þ
>
> (Retires to a safe distance...)

Why is it that British, and only British, trolleys whether they be
supermarket trolleys or luggage trolleys at the airport, are always
fitted with at least one square wheel? Everywhere else in the world
manages to make trolleys that roll freely but not us Brits.

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell

"Adam Lea" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Paul Boyd" <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Danny Colyer said the following on 05/11/2007 23:32:
>>
>>> And they always "park" 3' from the shelves, so no-one can get a trolley
>>> past in the aisle.

>> Or walk down the middle of the aisle then drag the trolley around so they
>> can reach the shelf, with the trolley now sideways across the aisle...
>>
>> (There's a crowd forming!)
>>
>> --
>> Paul Boyd
>> http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

> Oh good I'm glad it is not just me that has noticed these things.

Approaches crowd of worried looking male cyclists in supermarket. Carries
scalpel. Brandishes scalpel in the direction of the worried looking
cyclists' groins...

;-)

In article <[email protected]>, w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn
£ect.com says...

> Approaches crowd of worried looking male cyclists in supermarket. Carries
> scalpel. Brandishes scalpel in the direction of the worried looking
> cyclists' groins...

Ah but those cyclists are just taking advantage of knowing they can
outrun you at the moment with your gammy knee ;-)

--

On 6 Nov, 08:56, Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn
> £ect.com says...
>

> > Approaches crowd of worried looking male cyclists in supermarket. Carries
> > scalpel. Brandishes scalpel in the direction of the worried looking
> > cyclists' groins...

> Ah but those cyclists are just taking advantage of knowing they can
> outrun you at the moment with your gammy knee ;-)
>
> --
> Tony
>
> " I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
> Bertrand Russell

Oh, but she can still rocket down the isle on her trolley, propelled
by her good leg.

The paradox is that she'll be off her trolley whilst being on her
trolley. ;-P

David Lloyd

In article <[email protected]>, Tony Raven
[email protected]lid says...
> In article <[email protected]>, w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn
> £ect.com says...
> >
> > Approaches crowd of worried looking male cyclists in supermarket. Carries
> > scalpel. Brandishes scalpel in the direction of the worried looking
> > cyclists' groins...
> >

> Ah but those cyclists are just taking advantage of knowing they can
> outrun you at the moment with your gammy knee ;-)

She can scoot her trolley at considerable speed. :)

On 5 Nov, 23:36, Martin Dann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Simon D wrote:
> > Paul Boyd has brought this to us :

> >> That's how you can tell cyclists or motorcyclists in supermarkets -
> >> they're the ones who look over their shoulder before pulling their
> >> trolley out. The car drivers drive their trolleys like their cars :)

> > I'd never *dare* make a comment about driving ability, but why *is* it
> > that women are so totally incapable of controlling a supermarket trolley
> > in a responsible manner? :eek:Þ

> > (Retires to a safe distance...)

> It is because they are thinking about what to buy, what they want for
> tea, what flavour tea they want, that they completely forget that they
> are pushing a trolley around. (so much for being better at multitasking).
>
> I have had in the past a woman stop three feet in front of my trolley,
> then walk backwards into my trolley and think it was my fault.
>
> Martin.

Men make menus and shopping lists, so they don't have to hang around,
pondering. Planning what you're going to eat for the whole week helps
coordinate the use of left-overs, and reminds you to have a big plate
of spaghetti on the evening before a hard ride.

David Lloyd

David Lloyd

On 5 Nov, 10:07, Brian Robertson <brian@[nospam].com> wrote:
> Bearing in mind that the millions required to create safe and sensible
> cycle lanes is never going to materialise, I guess these schemes are the
> best that we are likely to get. I really don't know what the answer is
> except for us all to bite our lips and to try to get along.
>
> Brian.

IMO the answer is sticking to the roads instead of pavements/cycleways/
shared access. It doesnt make sense to have bikes coming on and off
the highway and pavements, being considered second rate in both
situations.

Due to the late nature of my ride home last night I took the off-road
cycle path home, despite having 30w of lighting pointing at a couple
with two prams walking down the shared path neither of them wanted to
move until I got to within a couple of metres and politely asked them
if they really needed the entire pathway.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

> Men make menus and shopping lists, so they don't have to hang around,
> pondering. Planning what you're going to eat for the whole week helps
> coordinate the use of left-overs, and reminds you to have a big plate
> of spaghetti on the evening before a hard ride.

I have a far simpler system that requires no menus or shopping lists and
no pondering. Just buy the weeks BOGOFs. That way you get a varied
diet week to week and try lots of new things.

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell

In news:[email protected],
Tony Raven <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell
us:

> I have a far simpler system that requires no menus or shopping lists
> and no pondering. Just buy the weeks BOGOFs. That way you get a
> varied diet week to week and try lots of new things.

My local Sainsbury's has been knocking out 46% ABV Ardmore at half price for
the past week.

Hic!

--
Dave Larrington
My only hope in life is to die before I get my comeuppence.