PT ANT+ Sport upgrader problem

Clemsonbiker

Jan 16, 2010
Just purchased a Garmin 705. I have had a 2.4 PT for about 2 years (one of the first wireless units produced). I bought the firmware upgrade for the hub and went to install last night. Went through the instructions and kept getting the red blinking light indicating the unit was not updating correctly. I tried several times with no change. Any experience with this problem from anyone? I cannot find any threads out there discussing this. All threads say, "updated with no problem". Lucky me huh?

bwbike said:
Did you put fresh batteries in the hub before the firmware upgrade?

The batteries for the hub were replaced about 2 weeks ago. PT was working prior to the attempt at upgrade and works after the attempt (using PT head). Not sure how new batteries would affect upgrade using firmware sent out from Saris, as you remove the batteries and plug in the firmware device?? Any thoughts?

I just got off the phone with Saris. Because it should be an easy process to update, if the unit does not update correctly, there is not a lot to problem solve. Customer Service is sending out another updater. Hopefully this will fix the problem. I will update once the new updater has shipped and I attempt round 2 of updating.