PT - Any way to reset w/o Select button?

grv

Jun 8, 2006
I am waiting for a replacement computer from Saris, but in the meantime my Select button no longer works. I cannot zero torque or reset the data w/o this button.

Anyone know tricks? I have tried pulling the battery, and while it shows a zero mileage now, when I d/l it shows the old ride before the new one still, so memory is still used for the old ride.

Looked around the two Saris software packages for a reset option. No luck there either.

If the new one doesn't show soon, I will run out of memory on this one!!:eek:

Thanks

grv said:
I am waiting for a replacement computer from Saris, but in the meantime my Select button no longer works. I cannot zero torque or reset the data w/o this button.

Anyone know tricks? I have tried pulling the battery, and while it shows a zero mileage now, when I d/l it shows the old ride before the new one still, so memory is still used for the old ride.

Looked around the two Saris software packages for a reset option. No luck there either.

Thanks
Just curious, as I have never used it, what does the "discard ride" function do at the bottome of the download page in CP?

Jim

I'd try leaving the battery out overnight and see if that does the trick.

Other then that you could always try overighting (updating) the firmware every 7 hours, i'm pretty sure that wipes everything.

Is the button just physically broken as in there's no more click-click when you press it?

otb4evr said:
Just curious, as I have never used it, what does the "discard ride" function do at the bottome of the download page in CP?

Jim
You may have downloaded more than one ride, but only want one. You transfer the one you want to CP and 'discard' the other(s). If not discarded they will still be there the next time you open Download. - TF

grv said:

Thanks
I'm pretty sure I've *seen* something in the Cyclingpeaks download box. However, I've never tried it.

Krazyderek said:
I'd try leaving the battery out overnight and see if that does the trick.

Other then that you could always try overighting (updating) the firmware every 7 hours, i'm pretty sure that wipes everything.

Is the button just physically broken as in there's no more click-click when you press it?
No luck with the battery, but the firmware update is something I have not tried. I will give that a shot if the new computer is still a ways away, as I am running out of storage on this little guy.

Button still clicks, but nothing happens. Tried leaving the battery cover open for a couple days to see if moisture was a factor, but no luck there. Oh well...