PT Build 24h...which rim?

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by Spunout, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Spunout

Spunout New Member

Have a new SL 24h to build up for my fiance. She's 115lbs so I figured 24h should be enough. Are there any obvious rim choices for her?

We'd like a classic looking set of silver wheels with silver spokes. OP, Velocity, etc. might work. I'm limited by what I can get at my LBS also.

Appreciated,

Tags:

2. peterpen

peterpen New Member

Hmm, why go so low? 115 is light, but an extra 20g from 4 more spokes really doesn't matter - and it will be much easier to find a rim. Also helps with resale value or if somebody else wants to use the wheel.

Clincher, it sounds like?

If you must have silver, Velocity Aerohead or Aerohead O/C would be good. (OP is only black at 28h.) Also IRD Cadence Road comes in silver at 24 and 28, and they have an off-set rear as well. Those are the only silver rims I can think of at 24h.

If you can deal with black, I'm a big fan of Niobium 30's, also sold as KinLin or Cadence Aero. You'll have to search a bit to find 24h, but LBS should be able to get the 28h IRD Cadence Aero or 24/ 28 Cadence Road from one of the distributors.

3. ric_stern/RST

ric_stern/RST New Member

I used a CXP14 (30mm deep mavic rim) built ona 24 hole hub. i weigh ~68 kg and used it over all sorts of poorly surfaced roads, 5 to 6 times per week for 18 mths including racing and training. i then switched to an SL.

i had no spoke problems.

ric

4. DesFlurane

DesFlurane New Member

Build it into a Zipp 303 for her.

You do love her don't you?