PT Dowload HELP! My race files are missing!!

RipVanCommittee

Nov 3, 2005
Sorry to make this a little long, but I want to get all of the pertinent info included.

I'm downloading my PT in CP software, a warmup ride from Fri, a TT and a RR on Saturday, a little less that 6 hours. The file takes a long time to download, 17K records in CP. When done, I pull up the files and it shows '0:00:00', and only one ride.

When I go to the raw data, it shows all of the data except for time, in which is shows zeros. I could fix this, probably...but it only shows data for Friday's 50 minute warm-up ride! The file takes forever to download,so I figure the data has to be there somewhere!?! I've tried it on 2 versions of CP, same thing on each. I also tried downloading on the power agent software, and it downloads--the first ride only!

One odd thing worth mentioning--I warmed up Saturday with another PT wheel, and got some whacky readings (the PT was reading 5-20 watts??). When I put my SL wheel back in, it was fine. Lastly, at some point before the road race,I zeroed the torque--could that be the problem??

Any thoughts would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

RipVanCommittee said:
Sorry to make this a little long, but I want to get all of the pertinent info included.

I'm downloading my PT in CP software, a warmup ride from Fri, a TT and a RR on Saturday, a little less that 6 hours. The file takes a long time to download, 17K records in CP. When done, I pull up the files and it shows '0:00:00', and only one ride.

When I go to the raw data, it shows all of the data except for time, in which is shows zeros. I could fix this, probably...but it only shows data for Friday's 50 minute warm-up ride! The file takes forever to download,so I figure the data has to be there somewhere!?! I've tried it on 2 versions of CP, same thing on each. I also tried downloading on the power agent software, and it downloads--the first ride only!

One odd thing worth mentioning--I warmed up Saturday with another PT wheel, and got some whacky readings (the PT was reading 5-20 watts??). When I put my SL wheel back in, it was fine. Lastly, at some point before the road race,I zeroed the torque--could that be the problem??

Any thoughts would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

PowerTap Pro, or standard PowerTap?

If the latter, try this: http://www.david256.com/power/ptrescue/

acoggan said:
PowerTap Pro, or standard PowerTap?

If the latter, try this: http://www.david256.com/power/ptrescue/
It's actually the Pro:(

Interestingly, when downloading, I don't get a 'record stopped' message.

The file that downloads is 44KB, btw--which is obviously a lot smaller than what's actually there.

Has anyone tried this rescue procedure w/the Pro?

I actually have a second head unit, so I'm using that one in the meantime in hopes of being able to recover the data from the weekend.

Thanks.