PT hub id question

BikingBrian

Sep 25, 2003
I have two PT wheels, one for training and one for racing. The day before a race I tested my race wheel, and it took a while for the head unit to recognize it, in fact I had to do the "learn" function again in order to get the hub id to come up. (Good thing I didn't do this the day of the race! :eek: )

My question is, I know it's possible to change the hub id manually - has anyone ever tried to set two different wheels to the same number?? Would this cause any problems?
As a confounding factor, let me add that my training wheel uses the Elite + hub, whereas my race wheel is a SL 2.4 (not +). So after I set the head unit for the race wheel, of course it loses the ability to do PP on-the-fly and time-in-zone (not that I would use those in a race anyway, but still....).
Any ideas? The PT manual is not very clear on this.

Wow, I am replying to my own post :eek:
Anyway, nevermind! Looks like I am an idiot :eek:
For anyone else out there who is also an idiot :D basically, you just do the "learn 1" function whenever switching wheels, and the id should come up, as simple as that. Only, it takes longer with the older hub for whatever reason.