PT Question about mph without hub

samtheclip

Sep 22, 2003
Someone said u can still use the pt setup with out the hub and still get your MPH? True or False? My set up just arrived today and I will install in tonight. I am having my PT built on a practice rim. When I race (for now) I will not have it. Can I still get MPH? What good is the computer without the hub?

Thanks...

samtheclip said:
Someone said u can still use the pt setup with out the hub and still get your MPH? True or False? My set up just arrived today and I will install in tonight. I am having my PT built on a practice rim. When I race (for now) I will not have it. Can I still get MPH? What good is the computer without the hub?

Thanks...

yes. read the manual about setup #4.

Thanks for the help. Another upset for me. This thing is totally useless when using a disc (without hub). I am starting to hate this thing before I get to even use it.

I am getting a huge jump on this thing. 84mph to 40 to 17. I figured how to turn off the hub and use my magnet but, wtf! I run a 650c wheel. 1794cm according to http://www.bikecult.com/works/wheelsizes.html My iso is 20-571. Anyone have any idea's? I am hating this thing more and more and don't even have my wheel built yet.

It's pretty sensitive to how close the magnet is to the sensor. And make sure you don't have any other sensors/ magnets on your bike.

But seriously, relax a bit man. It's a great tool, just take your time, then use it for a while. It'll all be OK.... if you're patient. ;)