PT SL carbon rim - power drops

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by peterwright, Sep 23, 2006.

1. peterwright

peterwright New Member

I have two PT SL hubs and one is in a Zipp 404 - I have recently had a brand new hub in this wheel due to water ingress but am continuing to see small data drops - 8-10 of around a second in a 2 hour ride.

My other hub is perfect.

Is it possible that the stiffness of the carbon rim is causing a vibration to be set up in tuen causing the drop outs ?

It seems unlikely that the second hub is also faulty but I know my harness and CPU are fine so am looking for another explanation.

Any ideas appreciated.

Tags:

2. Spunout

Spunout New Member

Fresh batteries?

This is a funny one, especially if you have two different wheels that can be swapped out on the same bike to troubleshoot.

3. Aztec

Aztec New Member

8-10 drops for one second each? That's nothing to worry about, and about what I get (maybe 2-3 per hour) with mine. Usually has to do w/ power lines or something. It's when those drops were more frequent and lengthy that I complained (just got a PTSL back from Saris, and had my PT Pro repaired last year). Thus why I bought an SRM!

4. peterpen

peterpen New Member

Another vote to replace the batteries - I got some weird readings/ behaviour well before the transmission icon began flashing to indicate low hub batteries. A dying CPU battery will also muck things up.

5. peterwright

peterwright New Member

Well my other hub is perfect - no drops, so I am not happy with the drops.

Batteries - could be but it is a new hub.

Thanks.

6. Old Junker

Old Junker New Member

my original batteries lasted over 18 months:) , my 1st replacement batteries 3 months:mad: , my 2nd replacment were still going strong 10 months later :)

7. Spunout

Spunout New Member

New Hub...you never know about the batteries.