PTap Computer Question

specialized31

Aug 3, 2006
I have a new pro computer that has been working flawlessly the first couple of weeks. This morning however I was trying to toggle to get some info on an interval and now it's getting some bizarre readings. Here is what it's doing:

No transmission icon (even though info is being displayed)
Speed is reading and fluctuating even when bike is not moving
Current Watts will not display, only average
Tried to zero torque but can't get current watts to display before hitting select
HR is gone

System is new so the batteries should not be an issue and it has not been ridden in the rain. Looked in the manual to troubleshoot but couldn't find these issues listed.

Any suggestions would be apprecaited.

Most likely is that it is in one of the non-wattage modes. Go through Setup #4 and check each setting. - TF

Terry Ferguson said:
Most likely is that it is in one of the non-wattage modes. Go through Setup #4 and check each setting. - TF
Yeah, I just figured it out. Somehow it switched over to non-wattage mode.

Thanks for the response.

You held the button on the right for 2 seconds while in some spot on the bottom, that is the shortcut. When out of wattage mode, you can shortcut back into wattage mode by doing the same thing.

2 seconds in T: Shows the clock.
2 seconds in HR: Switch to HR mode
2 seconds in C: Switch to cyclecomputer mode?

Spunout said:
You held the button on the right for 2 seconds while in some spot on the bottom, that is the shortcut. When out of wattage mode, you can shortcut back into wattage mode by doing the same thing.

2 seconds in T: Shows the clock.
2 seconds in HR: Switch to HR mode
2 seconds in C: Switch to cyclecomputer mode?
Yeah, I went to cadence and held down select for two seconds and it straightened it all out.

Trying to sort through intervals before sunrise at 24mph is probably not the best idea. I'll wait until I'm back home next time.