Public enquiries

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Fox

Dear cycle campaigners,

Just to report that the last three days have seen me at a public enquiry into a new road[1]. If
anyone wants hints, tips or encouragement then get in touch and I'll be happy to pass on what I've
learnt. By all means stick my details on your file for future reference (01376) 517206 if in a hurry
or see sig. You're up against some slimy characters so it helps to be properly prepared.

I was very pleased I put in the effort. As well as (I think - we have to wait and see) getting some
result - I was able to make the Highways Agency look quite silly - and also metaphorically dob their
barrister one on the nose when he tried some bullying - teehee.

The planning process is lots of David and Goliath. But the David is expert (or can get help here and
elsewhere) and Goliath is a traffic engineer which evens things out a bit. I suppose I could write
up my experience and suggestions but would rather collaborate with others to give a broader picture
based on more examples - so if there are any other seasoned campaigners who want to pool efforts to
write a guide for public enquiry objectors then please get in touch.

[1] Hatfield Peverel to Witham link road
--
PETER FOX Not the same since the deckchair business folded

Witham Cycling Campaign www.eminent.demon.co.uk/wcc.htm East Anglian Pub cycle rides
www.eminent.demon.co.uk/rides

Status
Not open for further replies.