Puddle stompin 'bent fixie trike holy ****!!

hippy wrote:
> monsterman Wrote:
>
>>http://www.jordansplace.net/burningman/bm2002/art/bike.jpg

> Now you can run _over_ peds without getting into trouble. :)
>
> "What was that, Marge?"
> "I'm not sure Dianne. How's my hair?"
>
> hippy

For a better idea picture a cycleway at night, a scene from out of
'Close Encounters..' of the pedalling kind. You are on a dimly lit
section of path and around a bend you see a light coming towards you. As
it approaches you realise that the light appears to be shining from 8'
in the air. It can't be a bike but it is surely coming at you. Your mind
suddenly races as you go through the possibilities, something falling
from the sky, a low-flying plane in trouble coming into land, a military
weather balloon bent on abducting your **** just like those headlines
said would happen.....
You panic and swerve off the path, diving for the safety of the ditch.
The light blurs over your head and away. Your **** is safe, at least
until you get home to the wife. What was that? You hope that you'll
never find out but at the same time you begin to think of what you'll
tell your mates after work the next day. Will they believe me? These
cycleways just aren't safe anymore.
Gotta stay of the Goatjuice.

DD said:
hippy wrote:
> monsterman Wrote:
>
>>http://www.jordansplace.net/burningman/bm2002/art/bike.jpg

> Now you can run _over_ peds without getting into trouble. :)
>
> "What was that, Marge?"
> "I'm not sure Dianne. How's my hair?"
>
> hippy

For a better idea picture a cycleway at night, a scene from out of
'Close Encounters..' of the pedalling kind. You are on a dimly lit
section of path and around a bend you see a light coming towards you. As
it approaches you realise that the light appears to be shining from 8'
in the air. It can't be a bike but it is surely coming at you. Your mind
suddenly races as you go through the possibilities, something falling
from the sky, a low-flying plane in trouble coming into land, a military
weather balloon bent on abducting your **** just like those headlines
said would happen.....
You panic and swerve off the path, diving for the safety of the ditch.
The light blurs over your head and away. Your **** is safe, at least
until you get home to the wife. What was that? You hope that you'll
never find out but at the same time you begin to think of what you'll
tell your mates after work the next day. Will they believe me? These
cycleways just aren't safe anymore.
Gotta stay of the Goatjuice.

Oh, I like it. Rabid loony ALIEN cyclists! Trés War of the Worlds. Now I want to make up one with an enclosed poddy bit for the rider, disc wheels and crazy scanning laser for proper alienesque stylin's. Put a Rohloff on the drive wheel so you have the gearing to get some speed up. Roam the CBD at night terrorising tripping clubbers :)