Pulley old Campy Record with bearings

Jean Pasquet

Guest
Bonjour,

Test of pulleys of rear derailleur Campagnolo!

I have an old pulleys Campagnolo Record of the years 1990 fact for 8
speeds, with ball bearings!

Definitely broader than the 9/10s current ones (approximately 9,70 mm).
I want to test it on a derailleur Campagnolo Chorus 9 v > 2001!

What you of the results think on the risk, the quality of the change of
speed, in spite of the width and the absence of side play ?

Merci to you ! :)

--
Cordialement
Jean Pasquet

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:53:54 +0200, "Jean Pasquet"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I have an old pulleys Campagnolo Record of the years 1990 fact for 8
>speeds, with ball bearings!
>
>Definitely broader than the 9/10s current ones (approximately 9,70 mm).
>I want to test it on a derailleur Campagnolo Chorus 9 v > 2001!

I use a Record Titanium 8sp rear derailleur on 2 bikes in the house.
My bike is Chorus 2005, 10 sp Ergo, Shimano 10 chain, and shifts a
50/34 and Shimano 12/27 x 10 sp.

My wife's bike is 50/34, Campy 10 chain and uses a 13/29 Campy 10
cassette most often. Currently, I put on a 13/32 Shimano 9sp Custom
Cassette (12/27 - 12 + 32) for a tour of Utah coming in 2 weeks. I
only had to increase the cable tension by 1½ turns to make it work.

The pulleys are smaller in diameter on the 8sp rear derailleurs and
you can use larger cogs than later model 9sp rear derailleurs with 'b'
screw adjustments. Newer Campy 9/10 rear derailleurs have longer
cages.

Jean Pasquet wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> Test of pulleys of rear derailleur Campagnolo!
>
> I have an old pulleys Campagnolo Record of the years 1990 fact for 8
> speeds, with ball bearings!
>
> Definitely broader than the 9/10s current ones (approximately 9,70 mm).
> I want to test it on a derailleur Campagnolo Chorus 9 v > 2001!
>
> What you of the results think on the risk, the quality of the change of
> speed, in spite of the width and the absence of side play ?

Not noticable and you will nned to modify the back plate of the rear
der to accomodate the larger pulley bolts. Not worth it, IMO. Standard
puleys from Campag work well, spin smoothly(use grease), and last a
long time.

Bonjour,

Qui si parla Campagnolo a écrit dans son message :

> Jean Pasquet wrote:
>> What you of the results think on the risk, the quality of the change of
>> speed, in spite of the width and the absence of side play ?
>>

> Not noticable and you will nned to modify the back plate of the rear
> der to accomodate the larger pulley bolts.

Yes and no ! :)
I kept the old attaching bolts! And it is the same diameter.
Only the length changes.
On the other hand, on the side of the rollers Campa exists notches to
block the bearing which is encased on the cage !
Difficulty !

> Not worth it, IMO. Standard
> puleys from Campag work well, spin smoothly(use grease), and last a
> long time.

I say !
And the width of the roller is higher 1 mm than the current one!
Insoluble problem or surmontable ?
But, it takes play! :)
That tries to me to carry out a test mixing the old man and the new
one! :)
Risks or not ?

"Pourquoi faire simple quand on peut faire compliqué !"
French saying: "Why make simple when one can make complicated"
:)

--

Paul Kopit a écrit dans son message :

> I use a Record Titanium 8sp rear derailleur on 2 bikes in the house.
> My bike is Chorus 2005, 10 sp Ergo, Shimano 10 chain, and shifts a
> 50/34 and Shimano 12/27 x 10 sp.

The pulley 8 sp functions with an indexing 10 sp?
That would thus mean that the greatest width is not an obstacle!

But, the side play of the upper pulley would thus not be necessary?
Vast debate!
Compatible Tacx pulley are also without side play !

> The pulleys are smaller in diameter on the 8sp rear derailleurs and
> you can use larger cogs than later model 9sp rear derailleurs with 'b'
> screw adjustments. Newer Campy 9/10 rear derailleurs have longer
> cages.

Interesting!
Thus, the width of the pulleys Record 8 sp would not be an obstacle,
even with 10 sp?
Why thus does Campagnolo frequently change its widths of pulleys :
- 8 sp, then 9 sp, then 9/10 sp, then 10 sp!
Especially for the last 2 cases, it is incomprehensible !
Was this quite necessary ? :-?
Thank's !