Pumpkin Seeds

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Robin Hood, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. Robin Hood

    Robin Hood Guest

    AIA if this has been asked before,

    What is the recommended daily dose for raw pumpkin seeds,

    Regards,

    Robin

    Tags:

  2. Recommended by whom and to what end?

    I'd say none to a few....

  3. Robin Hood

    Robin Hood Guest

    Would you like to expand on that.

    Regards,

    Robin
    "Robin Hood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > AIA if this has been asked before,
    >
    > What is the recommended daily dose for raw pumpkin seeds,
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Robin

  4. Robin Hood

    Robin Hood Guest

    Would you like to expand on that.

    Regards,

    Robin
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Recommended by whom and to what end?
    >
    > I'd say none to a few....

  5. Piezo Guru

    Piezo Guru Guest

    You post like a bag of bleached flour.

    "Robin Hood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Would you like to expand on that.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Robin
    > "Robin Hood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > AIA if this has been asked before,
    > >
    > > What is the recommended daily dose for raw pumpkin seeds,
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Robin

  6. OK: depends upon the composition of one's diet as well as one's dietary
    goals (i.e. well rounded general nutrition vs. addressing a condition,
    whether that is a health issue or weight gain or weight loss or
    specific physical goal (e.g. running a marathon, body building, etc.)).

    Personally, I don't eat on a daily basis, but eat a few from time to
    time (about 1 oz. at a time) when the occasion arises. I don't think
    they are a necessary component of one's diet.

  7. Robin Hood

    Robin Hood Guest

    So refreshing
    "Piezo Guru" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > You post like a bag of bleached flour.
    >
    > "Robin Hood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Would you like to expand on that.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Robin
    >> "Robin Hood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> > AIA if this has been asked before,
    >> >
    >> > What is the recommended daily dose for raw pumpkin seeds,
    >> >
    >> > Regards,
    >> >
    >> > Robin

  8. Robin Hood

    Robin Hood Guest

    They are very high in zinc but if taken to often or to much your ass
    becomes like a mounted weapon that fires heavy projectiles.

    This is what happens when there are no instructions

    Many thanks for your input

    Robin Hood
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > OK: depends upon the composition of one's diet as well as one's dietary
    > goals (i.e. well rounded general nutrition vs. addressing a condition,
    > whether that is a health issue or weight gain or weight loss or
    > specific physical goal (e.g. running a marathon, body building, etc.)).
    >

    > Personally, I don't eat on a daily basis, but eat a few from time to
    > time (about 1 oz. at a time) when the occasion arises. I don't think
    > they are a necessary component of one's diet.

  9. Juhana Harju

    Juhana Harju Guest

    Robin Hood wrote:
    :: <[email protected]> wrote in message
    :: news:[email protected]
    ::: OK: depends upon the composition of one's diet as well as one's
    ::: dietary goals (i.e. well rounded general nutrition vs. addressing a
    ::: condition, whether that is a health issue or weight gain or weight
    ::: loss or specific physical goal (e.g. running a marathon, body
    ::: building, etc.)).
    :::
    :::
    ::: Personally, I don't eat on a daily basis, but eat a few from time to
    ::: time (about 1 oz. at a time) when the occasion arises. I don't think
    ::: they are a necessary component of one's diet.
    :: They are very high in zinc but if taken to often or to much your ass
    :: becomes like a mounted weapon that fires heavy projectiles.
    ::
    :: This is what happens when there are no instructions
    ::

    I suggest that you soak them before eating. That helps digestion and
    absorption of nutrients. A handful at a time is a good amount. Besides
    zinc pumpkin seeds contain also omega-3 fatty acids. Good for the
    prostate.

    --
    Juhana

  10. Robin Hood

    Robin Hood Guest

    Many thanks for input.

    Regards,

    Robin
    "Juhana Harju" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Robin Hood wrote:
    > :: <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > :: news:[email protected]
    > ::: OK: depends upon the composition of one's diet as well as one's
    > ::: dietary goals (i.e. well rounded general nutrition vs. addressing a
    > ::: condition, whether that is a health issue or weight gain or weight
    > ::: loss or specific physical goal (e.g. running a marathon, body
    > ::: building, etc.)).
    > :::
    > :::
    > ::: Personally, I don't eat on a daily basis, but eat a few from time to
    > ::: time (about 1 oz. at a time) when the occasion arises. I don't think
    > ::: they are a necessary component of one's diet.
    > :: They are very high in zinc but if taken to often or to much your ass
    > :: becomes like a mounted weapon that fires heavy projectiles.
    > ::
    > :: This is what happens when there are no instructions
    > ::
    >
    > I suggest that you soak them before eating. That helps digestion and
    > absorption of nutrients. A handful at a time is a good amount. Besides
    > zinc pumpkin seeds contain also omega-3 fatty acids. Good for the
    > prostate.
    >
    > --
    > Juhana

  11. Roger Rabbit

    Roger Rabbit Guest

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:14:09 GMT, "Robin Hood" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >They are very high in zinc but if taken to often or to much your ass
    >becomes like a mounted weapon that fires heavy projectiles.

    So it turns your ass into a WMD? Maybe that was what Shrub was
    referring to over in Iraq.

    rr

  12. Phil Scott

    Phil Scott Guest

    "Robin Hood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > AIA if this has been asked before,
    >
    > What is the recommended daily dose for raw pumpkin seeds,
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Robin

    The body is typically loaded with pounds of severe toxins, all
    sorts of amyloids and free radicals, and various fatal debris
    such as coronary artery plaque.... eating afew good thangs
    is not going to fix that up...

    Primary is getting rid of that stuff...and thats a long study
    on your own and some severe dilligence...THEN... what you eat
    starts to make a big difference.

    Until then you are peeing on electrical fires...a waste of
    time.

    Phil Scott