Punch, lack of

Nick Kew <[email protected]> wrote:

:> [I said]
:> 1) Low salt

: An interesting one. Italians eat a massively more salty diet than Brits
: yet suffer less heart disease.

It's more to do with taste. Most pre-cooked food tastes too salty to me now as
I find I need less salt to bring out the flavour.

I don't not put salt in stuff. I cook foccacia caked in it :)

:> 2) No trans-fats
:> 3) Lots of fresh veg and fruit
:> 4) No ready made meals (to ensure 1+2)
:> 5) Good quality organic or not-buggered around with ingredients

: How about a simpler formula summarised in the single word "balanced".
: Preferably influenced by another, largely unconnected word "ethical".

I'd say your guidlelines and mine are pretty much the same here.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook

> I'm sort of reluctantly adjusting the riding I do now. I used to do a
> three hour ride every other day, but the TT and the TT training is
> disruptive to that. I like and value the longer rides for what they do,
> the ability to hold a decent speed aerobically for a long time. I value
> that ability more than the ability to power through a TT, although I
> want both abilities, of course.

It may be worth your while trying to focus on one attribute at a time. Focus
on your TT
power for a period of time. Go hard and rest up and maybe sacrifice your
endurance
training. After some time revert back yo enduro work with the occasional TT
workout.

Dont try and mix training for different skills.

My 2 cents worth

-Matt