Puncture Repair Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P N P

Can anyone assist as to where I can buy burn on patches ? Having used my last one a week ago I get
the feeling as I hunt around that these have become a museum piece. I have the brass clamp but no
more patches. John

P N P wrote:
>
> Can anyone assist as to where I can buy burn on patches ? Having used my last one a week ago I get
> the feeling as I hunt around that these have become a museum piece. I have the brass clamp but no
> more patches.

Sounds like you are going to have to cruise all the hardware and auto places.

I stopped buying them when I moved to the mtb 13 years ago and my remaining stock seems to have
crystalised (last used one 12 months ago).

"P N P" wrote:

> Can anyone assist as to where I can buy burn on patches ? Having used my last one a week ago I get
> the feeling as I hunt around that these have become a museum piece. I have the brass clamp but no
> more patches.

Do they work on modern tubes? I stopped using vulcanising patches in the 70's because they wouldn't
adhere to the tubes in use then.

John

That's what I'm finding as I look around Shepparton, so it's onto the glue !
"Terry Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> P N P wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone assist as to where I can buy burn on patches ? Having used my last one a week ago I
> > get the feeling as I hunt around
that
> > these have become a museum piece. I have the brass clamp but no more patches.
>
> Sounds like you are going to have to cruise all the hardware and auto places.
>
> I stopped buying them when I moved to the mtb 13 years ago and my remaining stock seems to have
> crystalised (last used one 12 months ago).

"P N P" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> more patches. John
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
I use the currently available patches which use an adhesive in a tube and they seem to be quite
successful. Apart from having the brass clamp, what advantages to the vulcanising patches give you?

John Dwyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.