Punctured by a jelly fish

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Taywood, Jun 15, 2003.

  1. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    This morning 5.30am riding along our local estuary footpath at Skippool I was passing the moorings
    of some crappy looking yachts and motorboats when I saw a jellyfish on the track. I rode over it and
    squashed it. Within 3 seconds - FFFllat

    A fisherman must have come in on the high tide about an hour before and when sorting out his catch
    he must have dumped the alien thing. I checked the squashed bits, no teeth, no fishing hook, nothing
    stuck in the tyre. I walked back a few meters, no sign of any sharp bits.

    This was a hot weather pre breakfast Sunday ride, tee shirt, bib shorts and no tool kit. Fortunately
    its only a one mile walk home. The tyre's not damaged or marked but theres one single hole in the
    tube. So what caused it? In case it was the Paving Slab Fairy (an eccentric English woman who doesnt
    like to see grown men in bibshorts), its back to baggies for me. Mike

    Tags:

  2. >In case it was the Paving Slab Fairy (an eccentric English woman who doesnt like to see grown men
    >in bibshorts), its back to baggies for me. Mike

    Me, eccentric????

    Today the UK, tomorrow the world!!!

    Cheers, the paving slab fairy ;-)

    ~~~~~~~~~~
    h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > This morning 5.30am riding along our local estuary footpath at Skippool I was passing the moorings
    > of some crappy looking yachts and motorboats when I saw a jellyfish on the track. I rode over it
    > and squashed it. Within 3 seconds - FFFllat
    >
    > A fisherman must have come in on the high tide about an hour before and when sorting out his catch
    > he must have dumped the alien thing. I checked the squashed bits, no teeth, no fishing hook,
    > nothing stuck in the tyre. I walked back a few meters, no sign of any sharp bits.
    >
    > This was a hot weather pre breakfast Sunday ride, tee shirt, bib shorts and no tool kit.
    > Fortunately its only a one mile walk home. The tyre's not damaged or marked but theres one single
    > hole in the tube. So what caused it? In case it was the Paving Slab Fairy (an eccentric English
    > woman who doesnt like to see grown men in bibshorts), its back to baggies for me. Mike

    I accidently stepped on a jelly fish once at a beach on a European vacation, my right leg was
    paralyzed for a few hours until I took into the emergency ward to have some injections put into it.
    It felt like I was dragging a dead stump around...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  4. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    > I accidently stepped on a jelly fish once at a beach on a European vacation, my right leg was
    > paralyzed for a few hours until I took into the emergency ward to have some injections put into
    > it. It felt like I was dragging a dead stump around...

    If a blob of jelly can cause such venemous pain to the skinhardened leg of a mountainbiker is it
    possible for the blob in one last dying effort to make a one point stab thru the thick tread of a
    knobbly tyre into the soft rubber tube inside it? I wonder. Mike

  5. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > This was a hot weather pre breakfast Sunday ride, tee shirt, bib shorts and no tool kit.
    > Fortunately its only a one mile walk home. The tyre's not damaged or marked but theres one single
    > hole in the tube. So what caused it?

    Instant karma strikes again.

    -John Morgan

  6. J'M Sm'Th

    J'M Sm'Th Guest

    Taywood wrote:

    > This morning 5.30am riding along our local estuary footpath at Skippool I was passing the moorings
    > of some crappy looking yachts and motorboats when I saw a jellyfish on the track. I rode over it
    > and squashed it. Within 3 seconds - FFFllat
    >
    > A fisherman must have come in on the high tide about an hour before and when sorting out his catch
    > he must have dumped the alien thing. I checked the squashed bits, no teeth, no fishing hook,
    > nothing stuck in the tyre. I walked back a few meters, no sign of any sharp bits.
    >
    > This was a hot weather pre breakfast Sunday ride, tee shirt, bib shorts and no tool kit.
    > Fortunately its only a one mile walk home. The tyre's not damaged or marked but theres one single
    > hole in the tube. So what caused it? In case it was the Paving Slab Fairy (an eccentric English
    > woman who doesnt like to see grown men in bibshorts), its back to baggies for me.

    That Paving Slab Fairy is *no guy*--it's JD in drag, and don't you forget it.

    --
    J'm

    To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes. ...-.-

  7. >That Paving Slab Fairy is *no guy*--it's JD in drag, and don't you forget it.

    Believe me, the PSF is all woman and I should know as I am she.

    Cheers, PSF