Punctured by a jelly fish

Taywood

Guest
This morning 5.30am riding along our local estuary footpath at Skippool I was passing the moorings
of some crappy looking yachts and motorboats when I saw a jellyfish on the track. I rode over it and
squashed it. Within 3 seconds - FFFllat

A fisherman must have come in on the high tide about an hour before and when sorting out his catch
he must have dumped the alien thing. I checked the squashed bits, no teeth, no fishing hook, nothing
stuck in the tyre. I walked back a few meters, no sign of any sharp bits.

This was a hot weather pre breakfast Sunday ride, tee shirt, bib shorts and no tool kit. Fortunately
its only a one mile walk home. The tyre's not damaged or marked but theres one single hole in the
tube. So what caused it? In case it was the Paving Slab Fairy (an eccentric English woman who doesnt
like to see grown men in bibshorts), its back to baggies for me. Mike

>In case it was the Paving Slab Fairy (an eccentric English woman who doesnt like to see grown men
>in bibshorts), its back to baggies for me. Mike

Me, eccentric????

Today the UK, tomorrow the world!!!

Cheers, the paving slab fairy ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

"Taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> This morning 5.30am riding along our local estuary footpath at Skippool I was passing the moorings
> of some crappy looking yachts and motorboats when I saw a jellyfish on the track. I rode over it
> and squashed it. Within 3 seconds - FFFllat
>
> A fisherman must have come in on the high tide about an hour before and when sorting out his catch
> he must have dumped the alien thing. I checked the squashed bits, no teeth, no fishing hook,
> nothing stuck in the tyre. I walked back a few meters, no sign of any sharp bits.
>
> This was a hot weather pre breakfast Sunday ride, tee shirt, bib shorts and no tool kit.
> Fortunately its only a one mile walk home. The tyre's not damaged or marked but theres one single
> hole in the tube. So what caused it? In case it was the Paving Slab Fairy (an eccentric English
> woman who doesnt like to see grown men in bibshorts), its back to baggies for me. Mike

I accidently stepped on a jelly fish once at a beach on a European vacation, my right leg was
paralyzed for a few hours until I took into the emergency ward to have some injections put into it.
It felt like I was dragging a dead stump around...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> I accidently stepped on a jelly fish once at a beach on a European vacation, my right leg was
> paralyzed for a few hours until I took into the emergency ward to have some injections put into
> it. It felt like I was dragging a dead stump around...

If a blob of jelly can cause such venemous pain to the skinhardened leg of a mountainbiker is it
possible for the blob in one last dying effort to make a one point stab thru the thick tread of a
knobbly tyre into the soft rubber tube inside it? I wonder. Mike

> This was a hot weather pre breakfast Sunday ride, tee shirt, bib shorts and no tool kit.
> Fortunately its only a one mile walk home. The tyre's not damaged or marked but theres one single
> hole in the tube. So what caused it?

Instant karma strikes again.

-John Morgan

Taywood wrote:

> This morning 5.30am riding along our local estuary footpath at Skippool I was passing the moorings
> of some crappy looking yachts and motorboats when I saw a jellyfish on the track. I rode over it
> and squashed it. Within 3 seconds - FFFllat
>
> A fisherman must have come in on the high tide about an hour before and when sorting out his catch
> he must have dumped the alien thing. I checked the squashed bits, no teeth, no fishing hook,
> nothing stuck in the tyre. I walked back a few meters, no sign of any sharp bits.
>
> This was a hot weather pre breakfast Sunday ride, tee shirt, bib shorts and no tool kit.
> Fortunately its only a one mile walk home. The tyre's not damaged or marked but theres one single
> hole in the tube. So what caused it? In case it was the Paving Slab Fairy (an eccentric English
> woman who doesnt like to see grown men in bibshorts), its back to baggies for me.

That Paving Slab Fairy is *no guy*--it's JD in drag, and don't you forget it.

--
J'm

To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes. ...-.-

>That Paving Slab Fairy is *no guy*--it's JD in drag, and don't you forget it.

Believe me, the PSF is all woman and I should know as I am she.

Cheers, PSF