Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Purchased a used Entry level bike

Started by Akyriacos · · Last activity · 3 posts · 721 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
29 May 2013
Last activity
18 June 2013
Original author
Akyriacos
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
721
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Okay so, I put some posts on here to help me decide whether to buy a cheap and upgrade or a cheap single speed. All the while, I have been searching the Internet for used bikes. Well this morning I ran across a Trek 400 online for $250. I went to go look at it and it's a damn near perfect condition. It barely has any scratches, 12 speed and decent tread on tires. I just wanted to see what you guys thought and if I made a good purchase. [IMG]cyclingforums.com400[/IMG]

  2. Looks good for the price, amount of gears maybe an issue unless your mainly on the flat.well done

  3. Yeah, 'if' it's clean and straight $250 is a fair enough price tag. It an obsolete design and the 12-speed setup may be some what of a drawback (as pointed out by stuart) with either wider gaps between gears if set up with wide range or less span if set up narrow. In any event, we rode 5, 6 and 7-speed rigs for years successfully...so, judge for yourself.

    Several of my friends raced that series of Trek frames. They sold in large numbers across the price range and the handling and ride qualities were well liked.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.