Purchased a used Entry level bike

Akyriacos

May 27, 2013
Okay so, I put some posts on here to help me decide whether to buy a cheap and upgrade or a cheap single speed. All the while, I have been searching the Internet for used bikes. Well this morning I ran across a Trek 400 online for $250. I went to go look at it and it's a damn near perfect condition. It barely has any scratches, 12 speed and decent tread on tires. I just wanted to see what you guys thought and if I made a good purchase.

Looks good for the price, amount of gears maybe an issue unless your mainly on the flat.well done

Yeah, 'if' it's clean and straight $250 is a fair enough price tag. It an obsolete design and the 12-speed setup may be some what of a drawback (as pointed out by stuart) with either wider gaps between gears if set up with wide range or less span if set up narrow. In any event, we rode 5, 6 and 7-speed rigs for years successfully...so, judge for yourself.

Several of my friends raced that series of Trek frames. They sold in large numbers across the price range and the handling and ride qualities were well liked.

Reactions: stuartgu3