purchasing trainer for petite road bike...

kiki dodson

Sep 29, 2004
Hello...I have a Mercier Elle road bike, designed for petite women, and would like to purchase a trainer for these rainy (and shivery:( ) NorCal winters...... any suggestions on what type/brand to look for? exp. spec. Shimano 105 27spd, Reynolds 520DB
thank you graciously, kiki

kiki dodson said:
Hello...I have a Mercier Elle road bike, designed for petite women, and would like to purchase a trainer for these rainy (and shivery:( ) NorCal winters...... any suggestions on what type/brand to look for? exp. spec. Shimano 105 27spd, Reynolds 520DB
thank you graciously, kiki

Hi
I ride a petite road bike - xxs Scott Contessa Speedster 30sp Shimano 105.
I use a Magturbo Minoura trainer. Infact any trainer should fit if you have standard 700cc tyres. I'm not sure if it fits 650 - can't see why not
good luck
Sam

samcrx3 said:
Hi
I ride a petite road bike - xxs Scott Contessa Speedster 30sp Shimano 105.
I use a Magturbo Minoura trainer. Infact any trainer should fit if you have standard 700cc tyres. I'm not sure if it fits 650 - can't see why not
good luck
Sam
We have a blackburn ultrastand, and that fits both my 700c bike and my wife's 650c bike. Bought this because it was specified compatible with 650c. I read that some tacx require an adapter to fit 650c wheels, which is OK if you use only 650c, but cumbersome if you switch between 650c an 700c. On ours, it is just a matter of turning the tightening know a couple of turns.