Pure Power

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dave, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    from cyclingnews:

    " Once the work was done and Jaksche's jersey was safe, CSC
    stepped aside as the opportunists in the group readied for a
    final sprint. It wasn't to be, however, as Horillo put in
    one enormous acceleration and powered his way to the line
    with a small but sufficient gap over the rest with 300
    metres to go. In the saddle with his hands on the tops of
    the handlebars, he used pure power to reach the line rather
    than an outright sprint."

    In the saddle with his hands on the tops! I love this, like
    he's just out on a weekend cruise. Class.

    Dave

    Tags:

  2. Psycholist

    Psycholist Guest

    > from cyclingnews:
    >
    > " Once the work was done and Jaksche's jersey was safe,
    > CSC stepped aside as the opportunists in the group readied
    > for a final sprint. It wasn't to be, however, as Horillo
    > put in one enormous acceleration and powered his way to
    > the line with a small but sufficient gap over the rest
    > with 300 metres to go. In the saddle with his hands on the
    > tops of the handlebars, he used pure power to reach the
    > line rather than an outright sprint."
    >
    > In the saddle with his hands on the tops! I love this,
    > like he's just out on a weekend cruise. Class.
    >
    > Dave

    Nice to see an individual rider figure up a nice little
    strategy on his own. Since this was a circuit, he saw that
    final right-hand turn on the prior lap and devised his plan
    -- be at the front into that turn and hit the afterburner
    coming out of it. Worked like a charm. But that entire lead
    pack was absolutely FLYING almost all day! Shoot, the OLN
    coverage came on for a 90 minute live show and there were
    only 20 minutes of racing left!

    Bob C.

  3. On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 17:46:52 -0800, Dave wrote:
    > In the saddle with his hands on the tops! I love this,
    > like he's just out on a weekend cruise. Class.

    It was a slight uphill, not a 70 km/h sprint.