purple anodised parts?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ben Wilson, Feb 12, 2003.

  1. Ben Wilson

    Ben Wilson Guest

    Whats wrong with anodising parts purple!!!!??? im not gay.....or not to my knowledge anywayz....

    i just dont see why so many people complain about it!

    theres some parts out there that are done in blue....they almost look purple.

    are you guys just a bunch of homophobes are ya's?!

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    BEN WILSON <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Whats wrong with anodising parts purple!!!!??? im not gay.....or not to my knowledge anywayz....
    >
    > i just dont see why so many people complain about it!
    >
    > theres some parts out there that are done in blue....they almost look purple.
    >
    > are you guys just a bunch of homophobes are ya's?!

    What the fucking hell are you on about ya gret loony?

    Shaun aRe - I like my eggs soft boiled. If you like your eggs hard boiled, you are a bad person, and
    quite probably stupid as mud. Now go and cry about liking the hardboiled eggs I so despise.

  3. On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > > im not gay.....or not to my knowledge anywayz.... i just dont see why so many people complain
    > > about it! theres some parts out there that are done in blue....they almost look purple. are you
    > > guys just a bunch of homophobes are ya's?!

    > What the fucking hell are you on about ya gret loony?

    I think he is just upset because no-one else like the colour purple...

    --gvg http://www.shrubbery.org.za

  4. BEN WILSON wrote:

    >Whats wrong with anodising parts purple!!!!??? im not gay.....or not to my knowledge anywayz....
    >
    >i just dont see why so many people complain about it!
    >
    >theres some parts out there that are done in blue....they almost look purple.
    >
    >are you guys just a bunch of homophobes are ya's?!

    Purple was done to death in the early nineties. I had an all black Amp B2 with purple Ringle hubs,
    purple Grafton cantis and purple ringle twister skewers. It was fugly. I liked it.

    These days if a part works, I don't care what color it is. Though if I am building up a bike from
    new parts, then sure, I might go for the red King headset.

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Gordon Greeff <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > > > im not gay.....or not to my knowledge anywayz.... i just dont see why so many people complain
    > > > about it! theres some parts out there that are done in blue....they almost look purple. are
    > > > you guys just a bunch of homophobes are ya's?!
    >
    > > What the fucking hell are you on about ya gret loony?
    >
    > I think he is just upset because no-one else like the colour purple...

    So? It was a shit film...

    Shaun aRe - The future is blue.

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    BEN WILSON wrote:
    > Whats wrong with anodising parts purple!!!!??? im not gay.....or not to my knowledge anywayz....
    >
    > i just dont see why so many people complain about it!
    >
    > theres some parts out there that are done in blue....they almost look purple.
    >
    > are you guys just a bunch of homophobes are ya's?!

    I'd never considered the connotations of the purple bit of purple ano. I'm guessing the purple = gay
    thing stems from the US.

    Basically put, ano looks crap. Unless it's black. Shiney translucent coloured parts are the
    equivalent of wearing a sequined top. 'Shiney, shiney, cheap, cheap, attention, look at me, I've got
    coloured bits'.

    Purple's the worst colour, and there was a profusion of it in the early 90's. Truly hideous...

  7. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Whats wrong with anodising parts purple!!!!??? im not gay.....or not to my knowledge anywayz....
    >
    > i just dont see why so many people complain about it!
    >
    > theres some parts out there that are done in blue....they almost look purple.
    >
    > are you guys just a bunch of homophobes are ya's?!

    Hi, I'm Scott, and I used to have purple bar ends.

    /s better

  8. Ben Wilson says:

    >Whats wrong with anodising parts purple!!!!??? im not gay.....or not to my knowledge anywayz....

    <snip>

    >are you guys just a bunch of homophobes are ya's?!

    Dunno, Ben. You're the one putting two and two together and getting five........

    Steve

  9. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Whats wrong with anodising parts purple!!!!??? im not gay.....or not to my knowledge anywayz....
    > >
    > > i just dont see why so many people complain about it!
    > >
    > > theres some parts out there that are done in blue....they almost look purple.
    > >
    > > are you guys just a bunch of homophobes are ya's?!
    >
    > Hi, I'm Scott, and I used to have purple bar ends.

    Hi Scott!

    Bill "glad to hear you're on the road to recovery" S.