Purple Haze

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, May 13, 2003.

  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    This year I am fortunate to be witnessing a really good floral display in our local desert. One
    particular piece of flora, I had yet to encounter in eight years of living here. I wasn't quite sure
    of the name until Sunday, while riding with a hottie from Moab who is a seasonal NPS employee in
    that area. It's called Scorpion Weed. I knew they were stoners...

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/050503010.jpg

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/050503017.jpg

    Now, we turn to the red side of the spectrum with the ever-beautiful Claretcup cactus. My
    personal favorite.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/050503012.jpg

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/050503016.jpg

    Now for some whitebread, the Utah state flower as chosen by grade school students throughout the
    Beehive State in the late 19th Century, the Sego Lily. Last year they were nonexistant because of
    the drought. This year they are proliferating the desert scrubland, making a carpet of white and
    light lavender (lavender caused by cross pollination from a relative...funny, an inbred state
    flower) in many fields throughout the area.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/050503014.jpg

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/050503013.jpg

    Green grass and low tides forever in this former inland sea.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/050503002.jpg

    JD

    Tags:

  2. Bb

    Bb Guest

    So, do you feel as goofy as I do when I'm taking pictures of flowers?

  3. BB says:

    >So, do you feel as goofy as I do when I'm taking pictures of flowers?

    I don't feel goofy _taking_ the pictures, just posting them....

    I dunno - first a haircut, now pics of flowers - is JD feeling OK?

    Steve ;-P

  4. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > This year I am fortunate to be witnessing a really good floral display in our local desert. One
    > particular piece of flora, I had yet to encounter in eight years of living here. I wasn't quite
    > sure of the name until Sunday, while riding with a hottie from Moab who is a seasonal NPS employee
    > in that area. It's called Scorpion Weed. I knew they were stoners...

    Beautiful!

    Matt

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > BB says:
    >
    > >So, do you feel as goofy as I do when I'm taking pictures of flowers?

    > I don't feel goofy _taking_ the pictures, just posting them....
    >
    > I dunno - first a haircut, now pics of flowers - is JD feeling OK?
    >
    > Steve ;-P

    I'm telling you guys, he's only a one step away from "hairdresser."

    Must be all that testosterone sapping SS riding!
    --
    Slacker

  6. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Slacker wrote:
    >> BB says:
    >>
    >>> So, do you feel as goofy as I do when I'm taking pictures of flowers?
    >

    >> I don't feel goofy _taking_ the pictures, just posting them....
    >>
    >> I dunno - first a haircut, now pics of flowers - is JD feeling OK?
    >>
    >> Steve ;-P
    >

    > I'm telling you guys, he's only a one step away from "hairdresser."
    >
    > Must be all that testosterone sapping SS riding!

    hasn't he already done the tutu thing?

  7. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > BB says:
    >
    > >So, do you feel as goofy as I do when I'm taking pictures of flowers?
    >
    > I don't feel goofy _taking_ the pictures, just posting them....
    >
    > I dunno - first a haircut, now pics of flowers - is JD feeling OK?

    "Oh my God, it's in LOVE!" -- Roz Doyle, speaking of Bulldog on "Frasier".

    Bill "lotsa butterflies and pretty birds on my solo (hottieless :( ride* today" S.

    *found a practically brand-new helmet laying on the ground -- clean pads, no dents -- and it fits,
    so what the heck... (No visor though.)

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > This year I am fortunate to be witnessing a really good floral display in our local desert. One
    > particular piece of flora, I had yet to encounter in eight years of living here. I wasn't quite
    > sure of the name until Sunday, while riding with a hottie

    Hottie, pictures of flowers, haircut? Is it just me that's piqued?

    Great pics Jock, nice looking......flowers..... ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - go for it dude.

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > BB says:
    >
    > >So, do you feel as goofy as I do when I'm taking pictures of flowers?
    >
    > I don't feel goofy _taking_ the pictures, just posting them....
    >
    > I dunno - first a haircut, now pics of flowers - is JD feeling OK?

    Ah, so it's not just me....don't forget the chick..heheh.........

    Shaun aRe