Pushbikes and pasties

Colin Blackburn wrote:

> One motorist told BBC Breakfast News that he had only moved two miles in 10 hours and had had just
> two pasties to sustain him.

I've been listening with some amusement to various reports from drivers coming up on R2, moaning
about how dreadful it is. "In this day and age..." etc. whingeth one from his moby on the M11. I
finished that one with "... with people as well connected by telephone and radio reporting of
traffic through RDS, you'd think people would hear warnings not to go out and actually pay some
attention to them!"

Deary me...

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:

> One motorist told BBC Breakfast News that he had only moved two miles in 10 hours and had had just
> two pasties to sustain him.

I don't watch Breakfast News but let me guess , snow in the home counties so suddenly it's a
"story"? :-(

--
Marc T Shirts, Sweatshirts, polo shirts, banners, signs,decals, stickers etc for clubs and
associations of all types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

W K wrote:
> "Colin Blackburn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2711977.stm
>>

>>One motorist told BBC Breakfast News that he had only moved two miles in 10 hours and had had just
>>two pasties to sustain him.
>>
>>"I could have gone quicker in my pushbike," said Stuart Grist.
>

> I could do it quicker on a unicycle, even though I'd have to spend the first 8 hours relearning
> how to ride it.

I could do it quicker with a unicycle, although I'd have to go and buy one, and then walk along
carrying it!

James

"Peter Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Colin Blackburn wrote:
>
> > One motorist told BBC Breakfast News that he had only moved two miles in 10 hours and had had
> > just two pasties to sustain him.
>
> I've been listening with some amusement to various reports from drivers coming up on R2, moaning
> about how dreadful it is. "In this day and age..." etc. whingeth one from his moby on the M11. I
> finished that one with "... with people as well connected by telephone and radio reporting of
> traffic through RDS, you'd think people would hear warnings not to go out and actually pay some
> attention to them!"

I produce a safety video for my work colleagues every month. This month's was how to prepare for
car journeys in winter. I got stuck in the snow myself filming the clip.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwinter.htm

Simon Mason wrote:

> I produce a safety video for my work colleagues every month. This month's was how to prepare for
> car journeys in winter. I got stuck in the snow myself filming the clip.
>
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwinter.htm

I'm sure it's probably interesting but to me it is just a pile of character. What is an asf file?

Colin

Colin Blackburn wrote:

> "I could have gone quicker in my pushbike," said Stuart Grist.

Of course he could - you usually can in London!

--
Guy
===

Simon Mason wrote:

> I produce a safety video for my work colleagues every month. This month's was how to prepare for
> car journeys in winter. I got stuck in the snow myself filming the clip.

How about Plan B: a bike and some woolly socks?

--
Guy
===

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:06:56 +0000, Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm sure it's probably interesting but to me it is just a pile of character. What is an asf file?

Not sure what it is but Winamp 3 opens it, although the picture appears to be upsidedown or
back to front.

Should there be sound too, Simon?

Rich x

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

> Simon Mason wrote:
>
> > I produce a safety video for my work colleagues every month. This
month's
> > was how to prepare for car journeys in winter. I got stuck in the snow myself filming the clip.
> >
> > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwinter.htm
>
> I'm sure it's probably interesting but to me it is just a pile of character. What is an asf file?

"Advanced steaming format" . You right click on it, select save target as, download it, then play it
in Media Player, Winamp or Real Player One. Simon

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote

> Should there be sound too, Simon?

There is sound , but it's only my footsteps and the wind of the Yorkshire Wolds. Simon

Richard Bates wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:06:56 +0000, Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> in
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>I'm sure it's probably interesting but to me it is just a pile of character. What is an asf file?
>

> Not sure what it is but Winamp 3 opens it, although the picture appears to be upsidedown or back
> to front.

Ah well, I have a distinct lack of winamp on the unix system I use.

Colin

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:30:49 -0000, "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote
>>
>> Should there be sound too, Simon?
>
> There is sound , but it's only my footsteps and the wind of the Yorkshire Wolds. Simon
Why is is upside down and back to front? Is it me or you that's done that?

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

> Colin Blackburn wrote:
>
> > "I could have gone quicker in my pushbike," said Stuart Grist.
>
> Of course he could - you usually can in London!
>
> --
> Guy
> ===

I dunno...'*in* my pushbike' is a bit of a surreal concept..

Dave wrote:

> I dunno...'*in* my pushbike' is a bit of a surreal concept..

He clearly has a fully faired velomobile. (Or perhaps just somewhat lacking in clues...)

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:30:49 -0000, "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> in
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote
> >>
> >> Should there be sound too, Simon?
> >
> > There is sound , but it's only my footsteps and the wind of the
Yorkshire
> > Wolds.
> > Simon
> Why is is upside down and back to front? Is it me or you that's done that?

It used to do that in an old Winamp version I had, the latest one I have plays OK.

Simon

"W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Colin Blackburn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2711977.stm
> >

> > One motorist told BBC Breakfast News that he had only moved two miles in 10 hours and had had
> > just two pasties to sustain him.
> >
> > "I could have gone quicker in my pushbike," said Stuart Grist.
>
> I could do it quicker on a unicycle, even though I'd have to spend the
first
> 8 hours relearning how to ride it.

The strains of a 1960' (I think) song keep rattling round my brain

"When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn"

http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/parton/2/flowers02.rm

> I produce a safety video for my work colleagues every month. This month's was how to prepare for
> car journeys in winter. I got stuck in the snow myself filming the clip.

Am I right in thinking the spade is to spread the Nutela on the bread -- no other implement seemed
to be shown :)