Pushed too hard. Legs are throbbing! MEDS????

Strumpetto

Jul 13, 2007
I decided to add on to my route today. BAD IDEA. I was climbing for 43 minutes straight. NOT JOKING.

What do you guys use to eliminate the aches and pains?

Eat a diet with good protein content, elevate the legs, stretch exercises and massage. If you really really want to dope, then some NSAID would help.

sogood said:
Eat a diet with good protein content, elevate the legs, stretch exercises and massage. If you really really want to dope, then some NSAID would help.
Head throbs. HR up ten.

When I was younger my doctor put me on roids because of my posion ivy. IT WAS AMAZING.

Are you dehydrated? Anyway, drink some milk and have a nice shower. Go and sleep! :D

sogood said:
Are you dehydrated? Anyway, drink some milk and have a nice shower. Go and sleep! :D

One more thing. Is a good way to measure recovery a return to your avg RHR? Thanks again.

Strumpetto said:
I decided to add on to my route today. BAD IDEA. I was climbing for 43 minutes straight. NOT JOKING.

I gather you've never tested your 1 hr power (FTP) before. ;)

Piotr said:
I gather you've never tested your 1 hr power (FTP) before. ;)
No, a power meter is a bit out of my price range. Still in school. That being said, I still might buy one. I'm very currious to what I can do . Any suggestions?

Strumpetto said:

Looks like you overextended yourself. Nothing you can do except take it easy and the soreness and fatigue will pass. Once you get really fit, there will be little you can do that will make you sore.

bikeguy said:
Looks like you overextended yourself. Nothing you can do except take it easy and the soreness and fatigue will pass. Once you get really fit, there will be little you can do that will make you sore.
When I go riding I am always pushing myself. If I feel like I overreached, I take a day off. I am getting about 11-12 hours of sleep each night.

I can feel A LOT of improvement. But currently it seems as if I'm doing a hard day, followed by a day off, and the same thing for the rest of the week. I think this will soon prove detrimental.

Strumpetto said:
Avoid climbing for 43 minutes straight...:D ...

I just started myself and know I pushed to hard when my quads burn from just standing up the next day...be sure to drink a recovery drink as soon as possible when you get home...right after the shower works best for me...cool shower...sit on the sofa under the fan and drink away...usually the next day is tender in the beginning...but goes away quickly...slow your pace down a little...if you associate pain with cycling you will have a bike for sale pretty soon...