Pushing The Limit Of Women

Since when is Arnold Schwarzenegger a woman?

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/25/when-women-beat-men-sports

http://www.buzzfeed.com/annanorth/7-sports-in-which-women-have-beaten-men#.ehyLnrDq1d

Women have beaten men in competition dozens and dozens of times, including physical competitions. Do you know what prevents women from beating men in sports? It's called sexism because they rarely get the opportunity to compete against men, especially in professional sports. So while you're here spewing sexist remarks about your own gender, there are women out trying to break those barriers and compete against men at the highest levels of various sports and sporting events.

The fact that you mentioned a crochet competition, implying that women could beat men at that, should tell everyone else where your mind is at.

Reactions: gavinfree
Corzhens appears to be contemplating a response, perhaps one that is so profound and thought-provoking and statement-proving that it has taken nearly 72 hours to concoct. I eagerly await this response that I know will contain no opinions, no Caps Lock speech, and no anger statements. I can do nothing but sit here and await that response because it just...might...change...all of our lives! :rolleyes:

What I meant was, it doesn't matter what gender we have, I just think women will never reach the same level as men. Sorry for any bad explanation from me.

Sunflogun said:
What I meant was, it doesn't matter what gender we have, I just think women will never reach the same level as men. Sorry for any bad explanation from me.
No ill-will @Sunflogun! :D You can make the biology argument, sure, and if you're talking about maximum potential brute, physical strength, then men might have an edge. In practice, though, it's not as simple as saying that one sex is biologically stronger than the other because there are men and women alike that don't fall into those molds as far as real world performance are concerned.

gavinfree said:
Corzhens appears to be contemplating a response, perhaps one that is so profound and thought-provoking and statement-proving that it has taken nearly 72 hours to concoct. I eagerly await this response that I know will contain no opinions, no Caps Lock speech, and no anger statements. I can do nothing but sit here and await that response because it just...might...change...all of our lives! :rolleyes:
You gave me a stomach ache with that comment, hahahaaa. It seems that you have composed that literary comment for 30 minutes, huh. No Caps Lock speech, by golly, you really made my day, hahahaaa. Okay, now here is my response and you can quit waiting. However, in fairness to me, you should have posted the summary of those links. I don't usually click on links, mind you. But don't worry, there's no anger statement here because this is a forum of decent people like me. And why waste energy with negative vibes just for a simple disagreement? Agree to disagree.

But then again, it is ironic because it appears that a man is defending the female sex (or gender). Or maybe a man in disguise? No offense, just asking, hahahaaa.

Corzhens said:
But then again, it is ironic because it appears that a man is defending the female sex (or gender). Or maybe a man in disguise? No offense, just asking, hahahaaa.
You think that it is ironic that a member of the opposite sex has enough intelligence to know women can be stronger than men? I know a few couples where the female is far stronger than her husband. You need to leave that little uniformed circle of riders that feed you this bull and meet some real riders that can educate you on cycling. :unsure:

I'm surprised the thought would even enter your head that I would be a female in disguise. I'm thinking there must be something wrong with your thought process.

Her ya go! That's me, I go Mr. Beanz in the world of cycling and know thousands of riders in person and several bike forums. I've had picture threads on various forums with as much as 25,000 views every year by other riders over several years. I have cycling videos on youtube of the many many riders we meet and rides.

My profile on Strava as well as my wife's. Let's just say I know a lot about cycling and I'm not stuck in a little box of dead end box of cycling friends that feed me bull about women.

Me
http://www.strava.com/athletes/339521

My wife
http://www.strava.com/athletes/5276503

If I'm really a woman, I am a big ugly one! :lol:

062208E.jpg

Mr. Beanz said:
If I'm really a woman, I am a big ugly one! :lol:
I'm a smaller looking, smaller-armed version of Mr. Beanz...and also a different ethnicity. That being said, I wouldn't make an attractive woman, either. I mean, sometimes my girlfriend says I don't make an attractive man! :( By the way, I've never used Strava because I've always been an on-paper and rough estimates kind of guy, but that site looks awesome!

We could chalk Corzhen's self-directed sexism up to different cultural and societal norms, but then we'd be bigots, too!

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I think this is true also. There are a lot of areas in our lives that we do not meet the expectations placed upon men. These expectations of men have been proven by men time after time. I think this is why a lot of US employers do not want to match the pay of a woman and a man. Because this statement is not true just in cycling it is true in other areas of our lives also.