pushing yourself

Packerbacker

Jun 14, 2011
Hi All I've been doing a lot of cycling this summer started in mid May I set out to challenge myself entered an event I wanted 50mi and rode 54 on my 20 year old Trail Blazer Mt bike. That was 3 Saturdays ago. Since then I've been riding 20 8 13 5 whatever I feel like. This past Saturday I had nothing todo was a beautiful day so went for a leisurley ride fig I'd go 30 but wasnt so much concered with the milage as I was with just enjoying the ride itself turning down a road I'd never been down before taking on a hill I never tried you know having fun. By the time I got close to home I had 51 mi in well legs were tired but had a bit of steam left in them pushed myself and with help fm God above by the time I got home I had 61 whew lol Thats the furthest I've ever riden made it in 4 hrs 34 min not super fast but then agn I was just enjoying the ride :) It took a bit of pushing but after I gotten to a certain point I knew this was more than a ride it was a challenge to myself a goal with in a goal have fun then give it hell lol. I had very little soreness had a great sense of accomplishment and proud. Anyway just goes to show we can each go a little further do alittle better not only cycling but in life if we just push ourselves. Happy cycling :))

You are becoming a bicyclist.

---

One summer day you will be on your bike far from home. You will look over and see some hills in the distance and not on your route home. Than you will look at the sun and think "I can go do those hills and still get home before dark."

I like that nxt time Im on a long ride and im late Ill say but honey there was 1 more hill I had to climb lol