puttin a front shock on a non shocked bike

mrko5

May 11, 2006
hey ive got a bike without any shocks or ting like that its just the a bike... and i was wondering if i could put a front shock on it, and how difficult it would be?

wud it be worth doing?

mark

mrko5 said:
hey ive got a bike without any shocks or ting like that its just the a bike... and i was wondering if i could put a front shock on it, and how difficult it would be?

wud it be worth doing?

mark

You can do it if you match the steerer diameter and length correctly. The problem arises in that the suspended fork is likely longer than the rigid fork and will raise the front end of the bike. This may adversely affect the fit and handling of the bike. Bikes made for front supension incorporate the longer fork length into their geometry. It may work OK though depending on the geometry of your frame and the travel of the suspension fork.

Would it be worth doing? On a cost basis, probably not.

John M said:
You can do it if you match the steerer diameter and length correctly. The problem arises in that the suspended fork is likely longer than the rigid fork and will raise the front end of the bike. This may adversely affect the fit and handling of the bike. Bikes made for front supension incorporate the longer fork length into their geometry. It may work OK though depending on the geometry of your frame and the travel of the suspension fork.

Would it be worth doing? On a cost basis, probably not.
thanks for your help!