Putting on DA chain

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Donald Specker, May 11, 2003.

  1. Di I need a special pin to put my new DA chain on my bike?

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Bfd

    Bfd Guest

    You need the pin that comes with the chain. However, although its not "officially" recommended, you
    could put on a Sram/Sach 9 spd "gold" powerlink in place of the pin (well worth the $4-6 price and
    its reuseable!..... "Donald Specker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Di I need a special pin to put my new DA chain on my bike?
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. M.E.H.

    M.E.H. Guest

    "Donald Specker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Di I need a special pin to put my new DA chain on my bike?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Yes. It's a "Reinforced Connecting Pin" That has a guide to start it with, pushed all the way
    through, then the guide is snaped off.

  4. Mark Wolfe

    Mark Wolfe Guest

    I'd wondered if that would be OK to do. Pins same size, etc? The thought of doing that has crossed
    my mind numerous times. Guess I should pick one up and see how it works. :)

    --
    Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
    8C71 "But these are not inherent flaws in the operating system - they don't happen by accident." -

  5. donald-<< Di I need a special pin to put my new DA chain on my bike?

    yes, two included in the package...

  6. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

  7. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On Mon, 12 May 2003 06:22:52 GMT, Mark Wolfe <[email protected]> wrote:

    Or as an alternative, try a Forster (formerly Craig) Super Link. I've been using these for years and
    they outlast several chains.

    (My first top-posting ever. Well, the responses were heading in that direction.) :-(

    >I'd wondered if that would be OK to do. Pins same size, etc? The thought of doing that has crossed
    >my mind numerous times. Guess I should pick one up and see how it works. :)
    >
    >bfd wrote:
    >
    >> You need the pin that comes with the chain. However, although its not "officially" recommended,
    >> you could put on a Sram/Sach 9 spd "gold" powerlink in place of the pin (well worth the $4-6
    >> price and its reuseable!..... "Donald Specker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>> Di I need a special pin to put my new DA chain on my bike?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

  8. One last question.

    Do I need a special chain tool to install the shimano connecting pin?

    Thanks.

    news:[email protected]...