Putting on DA chain

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Donald Specker

Di I need a special pin to put my new DA chain on my bike?

Thanks.

You need the pin that comes with the chain. However, although its not "officially" recommended, you
could put on a Sram/Sach 9 spd "gold" powerlink in place of the pin (well worth the $4-6 price and
its reuseable!..... "Donald Specker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Di I need a special pin to put my new DA chain on my bike?
>
> Thanks.

"Donald Specker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Di I need a special pin to put my new DA chain on my bike?
>
> Thanks.

Yes. It's a "Reinforced Connecting Pin" That has a guide to start it with, pushed all the way
through, then the guide is snaped off.

I'd wondered if that would be OK to do. Pins same size, etc? The thought of doing that has crossed
my mind numerous times. Guess I should pick one up and see how it works. :)

bfd wrote:

> You need the pin that comes with the chain. However, although its not "officially" recommended,
> you could put on a Sram/Sach 9 spd "gold" powerlink in place of the pin (well worth the $4-6 price
> and its reuseable!..... "Donald Specker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Di I need a special pin to put my new DA chain on my bike?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>

--
Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
8C71 "But these are not inherent flaws in the operating system - they don't happen by accident." -
Mike Nash, "Director of Microsoft's Infrastructure Systems" explaining why NT has so many patches to
fix crashes caused by malicious net users.

donald-<< Di I need a special pin to put my new DA chain on my bike?

yes, two included in the package...

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

On Mon, 12 May 2003 06:22:52 GMT, Mark Wolfe <[email protected]> wrote:

Or as an alternative, try a Forster (formerly Craig) Super Link. I've been using these for years and
they outlast several chains.

(My first top-posting ever. Well, the responses were heading in that direction.) :-(

>I'd wondered if that would be OK to do. Pins same size, etc? The thought of doing that has crossed
>my mind numerous times. Guess I should pick one up and see how it works. :)
>
>bfd wrote:
>
>> You need the pin that comes with the chain. However, although its not "officially" recommended,
>> you could put on a Sram/Sach 9 spd "gold" powerlink in place of the pin (well worth the $4-6
>> price and its reuseable!..... "Donald Specker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Di I need a special pin to put my new DA chain on my bike?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>>

jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

One last question.

Do I need a special chain tool to install the shimano connecting pin?

Thanks.

"John Everett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 12 May 2003 06:22:52 GMT, Mark Wolfe <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Or as an alternative, try a Forster (formerly Craig) Super Link. I've been using these for years
> and they outlast several chains.
>
> (My first top-posting ever. Well, the responses were heading in that direction.) :-(
>
> >I'd wondered if that would be OK to do. Pins same size, etc? The thought of doing that has
> >crossed my mind numerous times. Guess I should pick one up and see how it works. :)
> >
> >bfd wrote:
> >
> >> You need the pin that comes with the chain. However, although its not "officially" recommended,
> >> you could put on a Sram/Sach 9 spd "gold" powerlink in place of the pin (well worth the $4-6
> >> price and its reuseable!..... "Donald Specker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >>> Di I need a special pin to put my new DA chain on my bike?
> >>>
> >>> Thanks.
> >>>
> >>>
>
>
> jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

Status
Not open for further replies.