puzzled

kanab1

Nov 23, 2010
Ok, I'm fixing up a 1984 trek 420 road bike, and I'm stuck on the subject of...seat post diameter. Sheldon Brown, and others, declare the the post to be 27.2 The post that came with the bike is too small, at @25.5. I ordered an Eastern 27.2 and it's too big.....Tjhe post from my mountain bike is @ 26.5, and it feels almost big enough. What should I do?

Believe it or not drop an email to Trek. I have had a few questions about Treks I have owned in the past and got a quick response from there tech support. Google Trek and go on the web page you should have no problem navigating around their site.
Make sure you use the right size seat post. If you dont you might end up with a sore behind.

Originally Posted by kanab1 .

Ok, I'm fixing up a 1984 trek 420 road bike, and I'm stuck on the subject of...seat post diameter. Sheldon Brown, and others, declare the the post to be 27.2 The post that came with the bike is too small, at @25.5. I ordered an Eastern 27.2 and it's too big.....Tjhe post from my mountain bike is @ 26.5, and it feels almost big enough. What should I do?
26.8 in my recollection.