Pw / Wt ratios

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

G. Focker

Anyone here have a source that gives ranges of Power output(watts) per lbs. of body weight? Similar
to what Friel does in his book with max watt ranges by catagory. Began using the power tap in
training this season, the software gives a reading of watts per pound of body weight for that ride,
thought it might be interesting gauge to use that during benchmark testing? Also anyone know how to
convert kj into cal?

FOCKER

"G. Focker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone here have a source that gives ranges of Power output(watts) per lbs. of body weight?
> Similar to what Friel does in his book with max watt ranges by catagory. Began using the power tap
> in training this season, the software gives a reading of watts per pound of body weight for that
> ride, thought it might be interesting gauge to use that during benchmark testing? Also anyone know
> how to convert kj into cal?
>
> FOCKER

1cal = 4.18605 joules

Michael MacClancy

"G. Focker" <[email protected]> wrote
> Anyone here have a source that gives ranges of Power output(watts) per lbs. of body weight?
> Similar to what Friel does in his book with max watt ranges by catagory. Began using the power tap
> in training this season, the software gives a reading of watts per pound of body weight for that
> ride, thought it might be interesting gauge to use that during benchmark testing?

Tell us your power-to-weight and we'll tell you what category you are.

Check out http://users.pandora.be/phil.stone/Training/wattage%20forum.htm

I'm pretty sure I saw the pw/wt for different categories someplace in there last night when I was
reading through this site.

You're welcome Mom

G. Focker wrote:
> ride, thought it might be interesting gauge to use that during benchmark testing? Also anyone know
> how to convert kj into cal?
>
> FOCKER

Status
Not open for further replies.