Pw / Wt ratios

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by G. Focker, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. G. Focker

    G. Focker Guest

    Anyone here have a source that gives ranges of Power output(watts) per lbs. of body weight? Similar
    to what Friel does in his book with max watt ranges by catagory. Began using the power tap in
    training this season, the software gives a reading of watts per pound of body weight for that ride,
    thought it might be interesting gauge to use that during benchmark testing? Also anyone know how to
    convert kj into cal?

    FOCKER

    Tags:

  2. "G. Focker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone here have a source that gives ranges of Power output(watts) per lbs. of body weight?
    > Similar to what Friel does in his book with max watt ranges by catagory. Began using the power tap
    > in training this season, the software gives a reading of watts per pound of body weight for that
    > ride, thought it might be interesting gauge to use that during benchmark testing? Also anyone know
    > how to convert kj into cal?
    >
    > FOCKER

    1cal = 4.18605 joules

    Michael MacClancy

  3. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "G. Focker" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Anyone here have a source that gives ranges of Power output(watts) per lbs. of body weight?
    > Similar to what Friel does in his book with max watt ranges by catagory. Began using the power tap
    > in training this season, the software gives a reading of watts per pound of body weight for that
    > ride, thought it might be interesting gauge to use that during benchmark testing?

    Tell us your power-to-weight and we'll tell you what category you are.

  4. Velorodsmom

    Velorodsmom Guest

    Check out http://users.pandora.be/phil.stone/Training/wattage%20forum.htm

    I'm pretty sure I saw the pw/wt for different categories someplace in there last night when I was
    reading through this site.

    You're welcome Mom