Pyrenees here I come!

sdorrity

Dec 31, 2003
Well the time has arrived we set off for the Pyrenees on Saturday. 750km's and 10,000m climbing or thereabouts in 6 days. True to form my knee has decided it doesn't want any of this and is playing up so I'll be popping the pain killers and gritting my teeth after the first 50k.

If I get the chance I'll put some photos and ride reports up here.

Steve D

Lovely area to cycle. I have been there 3 times doing the big cols ( Tourmalet, Aspet, Peyresourde ) and the less challenging hills on the Atlantic Basque region. I posted them on www.cyclingtheworld.org ( type pyrenees in the keyword search ).
Good luck and look forward to read your report.
gf

Well the final tally was 730kms and 11760m of climbing and I did have to grit my teeth! The Marie Blanque was an absolute ***** of a climb and left most of us feeling pretty ragged. The tourmalet was easier this time round mainly because it was split in two heres a picture of me at the top in my Guernsey Cycle shirt if it works. I'll pu together a proper ride report soon and post a link here

regards

Steve D

I've been playing with some photos heres one of setting off up the tourmalet at about 8am from Bareges.