python lowracer

Juergen

Guest
I would never have expected such a huge resonance when I introduced my newly constructed
center-steered lowracer "python" to the public. Thanks for all your encouragement.

Meanwhile the first carbon fibre version has been built by a guy from Berlin
(http://www.moontraveler.de). At least other 10 persons have started to build their own version.

I have set up a german language mailinglist for homebuilders and if there are enough english fellows
(at least 5) I will start an english language mailinglist too.

I added a lot of information to my homepage and started a construction page with useful hints
for builders.

Regards to you all,

Juergen.

http://www.python.de.tt

"juergen" skrev
> Meanwhile the first carbon fibre version has been built by a guy from Berlin
> (http://www.moontraveler.de). At least other 10 persons have started to build their own version.

Sweet. Looks like you gotta watch your knuckles tho :) Maybe cowhorn bars like a Streetmachine
would be better. (If you put handlebars on at all that is)

Mikael

I, for one, is hoping for the english mailing list. I get the german mails, but have a hard time
reading them, and will not under any circumstance try to write german..

Keep up the good work, Juergen!

Torben

"juergen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I would never have expected such a huge resonance when I introduced my newly constructed
> center-steered lowracer "python" to the public. Thanks for all your encouragement.
>
> Meanwhile the first carbon fibre version has been built by a guy from Berlin
> (http://www.moontraveler.de). At least other 10 persons have started to build their own version.
>
> I have set up a german language mailinglist for homebuilders and if there are enough english
> fellows (at least 5) I will start an english language mailinglist too.
>
> I added a lot of information to my homepage and started a construction page with useful hints for
> builders.
>
> Regards to you all,
>
> Juergen.
>
> http://www.python.de.tt

Mikael,

the carbon python is Stefan Knorr's bike. I recently asked him, to change the handlebars the way you
proposed and he agreed with me.

As you noticed, my python has no handlebars at all, which works pretty good and additionally
shortens the learning phase for the center-steering thing by days.

Best regards,

Juergen.

news:<[email protected]>...
> "juergen" skrev
> > Meanwhile the first carbon fibre version has been built by a guy from Berlin
> > (http://www.moontraveler.de). At least other 10 persons have started to build their own version.
>
> Sweet. Looks like you gotta watch your knuckles tho :) Maybe cowhorn bars like a Streetmachine
> would be better. (If you put handlebars on at all that is)
>
> Mikael

juergen <[email protected]> wrote:
: Meanwhile the first carbon fibre version has been built by a guy from Berlin
: (http://www.moontraveler.de). At least other 10 persons have started to build their own version.

The hip-to-thigh angle looks very closed on this one. Any particular reason for this - other than
making wheels and rider and everything fit in a tight package?

Your are right. The wheelbase of the carbon python is too short. I think 132 cm is the minimum, if
you want a seat angle of about 35 degrees.