python

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Juergen, Apr 28, 2003.

  1. Juergen

    Juergen Guest

    Hello friends,

    first let me say thanks to you for all your positive feedback about the python.

    In the meantime I rode more than 1000km with the bike and I am v e r y satisfied with it
    - in fact it is really big fun.

    For those who are interested I have 3 news:

    - some new fotos have been added to the hompage
    - for homebuilders I want to establish a small mailinglist
    - a material list and a building plan will be added soon for your free use

    "bent but not broken"

    regards to all,

    Juergen.

    http://www.python.de.tt

    Tags:

  2. Dj Blag

    Dj Blag Guest

    That is truly amazing! How does one steer? Chas

  3. Juergen

    Juergen Guest

    "Dj Blag" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > That is truly amazing! How does one steer? Chas

    Hello Chas,

    thanks - I had the impression that my thread was deleted...

    The python is a radical design of a center steered lowracer. Steering is by feet and therefore there
    are no handlebars. One can learn the steering principle within 2 weeks.

    The python is designed for easy homebuilding, low weight, low cost and high velocity.

    Regards, Juergen.

    http://www.python.de.tt

  4. "juergen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The python is designed for easy homebuilding, low weight, low cost and high velocity.

    Hi Juergen.

    I'm really looking forward to seeing the building plans - I just _have_ to build one of those. Looks
    like I could have the most fun since I rode with a friend when I was 14 years old on a long john
    (delivery bike : http://www.dcf.dk/cyklist/cyk20301/images/0301-08a.jpg). One sitting backwards on
    the platform, pedalling (backwards) (hey, my first recumbent experience! So that's where it came
    from!), the other relaxing and steering. Or when I took out the unicycle for a 25km "race".

    Thank you for sharing! Torben

  5. "Torben Scheel" skrev

    > I'm really looking forward to seeing the building plans - I just _have_ to build one of those.
    > Looks like I could have the most fun since I rode with a friend when I was 14 years old on a long
    > john (delivery bike : http://www.dcf.dk/cyklist/cyk20301/images/0301-08a.jpg). One sitting
    > backwards on the platform, pedalling (backwards) (hey, my first recumbent experience! So that's
    > where it came from!), the other relaxing and steering.

    Someone revived it. Not sure I care much about the new saddle or seating position though. You are
    not going to set any speed records with 4 crates of beer on it anyway. (Think thats the most I rode
    with as a delivery boy many moons ago)

    http://www.westocykler.dk/

    Someone in the building has one of the old ones. If I ever bought a wedgie again, this would
    probably be it. Massively useful if you don't have a car.

    M.

  6. Pat Field had a Long John about ten years ago, on which he had a bike carrier fork mount thingy
    installed. He once used it to bring his Kingcycle to a race meeting, and a good thing too, seeing as
    how I rammed him from behind at 30 mph and destroyed his rear wheel...

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  7. Juergen

    Juergen Guest

    Hi Torben,

    as soon as the weather gets bad here, I will proceed with the material list and the building plans.
    At this beautiful springtime weather I prefer cycling (python of course ;-) instead of sitting at
    the computer.

    If you really want to build the python then you can join a mailing list, that I want to establish
    especially for home builders.

    Regards,

    Juergen.

  8. "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Someone revived it. Not sure I care much about the new saddle or seating position though. You are
    > not going to set any speed records with 4 crates
    of beer
    > on it anyway. (Think thats the most I rode with as a delivery boy many
    moons ago)

    No speed records when the beer has been drunk either, just an slo-mo imitation of the Varna fall.

    They forgot to improve the steering linkage while they where at it - same crap as in the '70es.

    Torben