python

Juergen

Guest
Hello friends,

first let me say thanks to you for all your positive feedback about the python.

In the meantime I rode more than 1000km with the bike and I am v e r y satisfied with it
- in fact it is really big fun.

For those who are interested I have 3 news:

- some new fotos have been added to the hompage
- for homebuilders I want to establish a small mailinglist
- a material list and a building plan will be added soon for your free use

"bent but not broken"

regards to all,

Juergen.

http://www.python.de.tt

"Dj Blag" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> That is truly amazing! How does one steer? Chas

Hello Chas,

thanks - I had the impression that my thread was deleted...

The python is a radical design of a center steered lowracer. Steering is by feet and therefore there
are no handlebars. One can learn the steering principle within 2 weeks.

The python is designed for easy homebuilding, low weight, low cost and high velocity.

Regards, Juergen.

http://www.python.de.tt

"juergen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> The python is designed for easy homebuilding, low weight, low cost and high velocity.

Hi Juergen.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the building plans - I just _have_ to build one of those. Looks
like I could have the most fun since I rode with a friend when I was 14 years old on a long john
(delivery bike : http://www.dcf.dk/cyklist/cyk20301/images/0301-08a.jpg). One sitting backwards on
the platform, pedalling (backwards) (hey, my first recumbent experience! So that's where it came
from!), the other relaxing and steering. Or when I took out the unicycle for a 25km "race".

Thank you for sharing! Torben

"Torben Scheel" skrev

> I'm really looking forward to seeing the building plans - I just _have_ to build one of those.
> Looks like I could have the most fun since I rode with a friend when I was 14 years old on a long
> john (delivery bike : http://www.dcf.dk/cyklist/cyk20301/images/0301-08a.jpg). One sitting
> backwards on the platform, pedalling (backwards) (hey, my first recumbent experience! So that's
> where it came from!), the other relaxing and steering.

Someone revived it. Not sure I care much about the new saddle or seating position though. You are
not going to set any speed records with 4 crates of beer on it anyway. (Think thats the most I rode
with as a delivery boy many moons ago)

http://www.westocykler.dk/

Someone in the building has one of the old ones. If I ever bought a wedgie again, this would
probably be it. Massively useful if you don't have a car.

M.

Pat Field had a Long John about ten years ago, on which he had a bike carrier fork mount thingy
installed. He once used it to bring his Kingcycle to a race meeting, and a good thing too, seeing as
how I rammed him from behind at 30 mph and destroyed his rear wheel...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/
especially for home builders.

Regards,

Juergen.

> Someone revived it. Not sure I care much about the new saddle or seating position though. You are
> not going to set any speed records with 4 crates
of beer
> on it anyway. (Think thats the most I rode with as a delivery boy many
moons ago)

No speed records when the beer has been drunk either, just an slo-mo imitation of the Varna fall.

They forgot to improve the steering linkage while they where at it - same **** as in the '70es.

Torben