Q-factor ??

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Pista-1, Jun 11, 2003.

  1. Pista-1

    Pista-1 Guest

    How do you measure for Q-factor on a bike? Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. << How do you measure for Q-factor on a bike?

    inside of one crank arm to the other crank arm inside.

  3. pista-1 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > How do you measure for Q-factor on a bike? Thanks.

    Easiest way – take off a crank and put it in phase with the other. Throw calipers on the outside
    edge of the cranks by the pedals.

  4. Inside? I always thought it was outside, where the pedal spindles bottom against the crankarm.
    That's what matches Shimano's specs for their cranks; plus, it eliminates crankarm thickness as a
    variable for comparison purposes.

    > << How do you measure for Q-factor on a bike?
    >
    > inside of one crank arm to the other crank arm inside.

  5. "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > steve-<< Inside? I always thought it was outside, where the pedal
    spindles
    > bottom against the crankarm.
    >

    > << That's what matches Shimano's specs for their cranks; plus, it eliminates crankarm thickness as
    > a variable for comparison purposes.
    >
    > Thankfully shimano is the 'standard' yet, I was describing how Campagnolo measures theirs from
    > their technical information...

    Interesting; thanks for the info, Peter. Never knew Campy measured theirs that way, but then what do
    you expect from someone who passed on Super Record to put Dura Ace AX(!) on his first decent race
    bike... ;-)

  6. pista-1 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > How do you measure for Q-factor on a bike? Thanks.

    If you post about Q-factor on a news group then it is high.

    RVD

    Q=queer right?