Q for Urban Adult BMX riderz

Simon <[email protected]> wrote in message

> | bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> black

> | > What, designed by a 12 year old with a pack of crayons?
> |
> | Gee, and that wasn't a tired lie Bomba.
> |
> | Shaun aRe
>
> They could have been designed by a 5 year old hermaphrodite with one arm
and
> a penchant for purple............they are still damn excellent bikes!

Yes, they are. Strong as hell, and surprisingly light for it. Only reason mine's heavy, is 'cos of
all the heavy stuff I bolted onto it, and thew huge tyres too, of course......

> Simon.......just prefer the name pornking over base :eek:)

You just be a *****.

Shaun aRe

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:31:11 -0500, "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm lookin' at Urban riding/Dirt Jump hardtails and was wondering what is the
>advantage/disadvantage to having horizontal vs vertical dropouts on the rear? The Norco 5Hun really
>has caught my eye.
>
>Mike

With horizontal dropouts you don't need a singulator/derailuer for chain tensions, simply move the
wheel forward or backwards.

:-]

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 10:50:24 +0200, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

>The main issues are to do with gears and discs. If you're running a singlespeed, horizontal
>dropouts are preferable, as you can adjust chainlength by altering the distance of the rear wheel
>in the dropouts. Unfortunately, this means the adding of discs is difficult because welded tabs
>can't move with the rear wheel.

I'll try and find a good shot of this and when I do I'll post it, but my Bianchi has a very
good design that allows for easy rear disc adjustment even though the tabs are welded in a
fixed position.

Peace, Bill(getting my camera ready)Wheeler The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than
as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of
the world.
:-]