Q: Gleevec or Glivec

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Zmuj, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Zmuj

    Zmuj Guest

    Can anyone tell me something about a product named Gleevec (it is used = to treat leukemia) -
    effects, side effects, results of treatment? TIA

    zmuj ~~~ Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

    Tags:

  2. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    I had to chuckle when I saw your subject line (confusing naming conventions
    are not uncommon in the medical world). Yes, both names have been used for
    this product, but Novartis (the developer) uses Glivec. There website about
    the product:
    http://www.glivec.com/index

    Take Care, Sharon http://www.rare-cancer.org

  3. Zmuj

    Zmuj Guest

    Sharon <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]...
    > I had to chuckle when I saw your subject line (confusing naming =
    conventions
    > are not uncommon in the medical world). Yes, both names have been =
    used for
    > this product, but Novartis (the developer) uses Glivec. There website =
    about
    > the product: http://www.glivec.com/index

    Tnx Sharon, I have already found that, but I was hoping for an answer/a = comment that does not come
    from Novartis. Tnx anyway!

    --=20 zmuj ~~ Never anger a dragon, for you are crunchy and you go well with Brie.

  4. J

    J Guest

    zmuj wrote:

    > I have already found that, but I was hoping for an answer/a

    > comment that does not come from Novartis.

    I replied to you on news:sci.med If you told us which type of leukemia, I could point you to the
    correct ACOR e-mail link. but since you haven't http://www.acor.org (see e-mail lists) J

  5. _pt_

    _pt_ Guest

    "zmuj" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me something about a product named Gleevec (it is used to treat leukemia) -
    >effects, side effects, results of treatment? TIA

    Short term effects -- excelent. Side effects -- slight edema is the most prevalent. Results -- wait
    ten years and ask again...

  6. Jack

    Jack Guest

    G has proven effective in a variety of applications and particularly in concert with other meds.

    You might want to check www.robertsreview.com for latest interviews (audio, video, and
    transcripts)with leading doc's and researchers on newest treatments, protocols, drugs, research
    breakthroughs, and pain management. (I think they also offer special financial help to cancer
    patients...along with lists of "top cancer treatment" hospitals/clinics.)

    I check 'em once weekly at http://www.robertsreview.com

    Hope this may be of some help to you.

    Jack