Q: Gleevec or Glivec

Zmuj

Guest
Can anyone tell me something about a product named Gleevec (it is used = to treat leukemia) -
effects, side effects, results of treatment? TIA

zmuj ~~~ Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Sharon <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]...
> I had to chuckle when I saw your subject line (confusing naming =
conventions
> are not uncommon in the medical world). Yes, both names have been =
used for
> this product, but Novartis (the developer) uses Glivec. There website =
about
> the product: http://www.glivec.com/index

Tnx Sharon, I have already found that, but I was hoping for an answer/a = comment that does not come
from Novartis. Tnx anyway!

--=20 zmuj ~~ Never anger a dragon, for you are crunchy and you go well with Brie.

zmuj wrote:

> I have already found that, but I was hoping for an answer/a

> comment that does not come from Novartis.

I replied to you on news:sci.med If you told us which type of leukemia, I could point you to the
correct ACOR e-mail link. but since you haven't http://www.acor.org (see e-mail lists) J

"zmuj" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me something about a product named Gleevec (it is used to treat leukemia) -
>effects, side effects, results of treatment? TIA

Short term effects -- excelent. Side effects -- slight edema is the most prevalent. Results -- wait
ten years and ask again...

G has proven effective in a variety of applications and particularly in concert with other meds.

You might want to check www.robertsreview.com for latest interviews (audio, video, and
transcripts)with leading doc's and researchers on newest treatments, protocols, drugs, research
breakthroughs, and pain management. (I think they also offer special financial help to cancer
patients...along with lists of "top cancer treatment" hospitals/clinics.)

I check 'em once weekly at http://www.robertsreview.com

Hope this may be of some help to you.

Jack