Q: Modifying Air shock with elastomers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charles

I have a Fox Air Vanilla rear shock on my bike that leaks air, and am wondering if it's possible to
open up the unit and insert elastomers, and just forget about the air completely.

Am 45 and I ride only in the city and light trail, what am looking for is comfort only. Is there a
quick cheap fix to this leaking air problem, I don't want to pay hundreds to have it rebuilt.

If this is possible what kind of elestomers, guage, size? I weigh 160.

Thanks

Charles.

news:[email protected]...
> I have a Fox Air Vanilla rear shock on my bike that leaks air, and am wondering if it's possible
> to open up the unit and insert elastomers, and just forget about the air completely.
>
> Am 45 and I ride only in the city and light trail, what am looking for is comfort only. Is there a
> quick cheap fix to this leaking air problem, I don't want to pay hundreds to have it rebuilt.
>
> If this is possible what kind of elestomers, guage, size? I weigh 160.
>
> Thanks
>
> Charles.

Rebuild at Fox is $60 to $100.

> I have a Fox Air Vanilla rear shock on my bike that leaks air, and am wondering if it's possible
> to open up the unit and insert elastomers, and just forget about the air completely.
>
> Am 45 and I ride only in the city and light trail, what am looking for is comfort only. Is there a
> quick cheap fix to this leaking air problem, I don't want to pay hundreds to have it rebuilt.
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Charles.

>
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Charles.

Don't think so on the elastomers. You can get a air chamber seal kit from Fox for about $3.00 +S&H
by calling 831-768-1100. Download the service video to see how to install it, it's not hard.
http://www.foxracingshox.com/mountainbike/html/movies.html You will also need some Englund's Slick
Honey grease.

Mike

Just go out and by a Fox spring shock till you get your Air one rebuilt.

Fire up MTB 03

You're the only person I've met in my entire life who WANTS elastomer anywhere near their bike.

Either you havent used it before or you're just completely ignorant.

Go and get a re-build from fox. You'll be much happier.

Small Black Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.