Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Q: Reebok spinning cycles

Started by Raptor · · Last activity · 4 posts · 4,023 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 March 2003
Last activity
13 March 2003
Original author
Raptor
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,023
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm actually enjoying riding a stationary bike since I started going to spin classes at the gym.
    It's a passable alternative to riding in unsettled or inclement weather. The bikes themselves are
    okay, though I had to get used to their fixed-gear nature.

    When I've cranked the resistance up and am hammering out of the saddle, I swear I feel the bike
    "jam" a little harder under me. The pedaling gets noticeably harder. It sometimes ramps up even
    harder after a second or two. I believe I'm pushing the resistance to near its lock-up point. Are
    there any "experts" on these bikes anywhere? (I imagine maybe they're not subjected to rigorous
    engineering.)

    Or is this a bio thing going on with my muscles? My body/mind playing tricks on me? We are kept
    pretty much at the LT for most of the class by the dominatrix instructors. Gotta love 'em.

    --
    --
    Lynn Wallace xmission.com~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we
    could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security." --Microsoft VP in
    charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

  2. Raptor <[email hidden]> wrote:

    : Or is this a bio thing going on with my muscles? My body/mind playing tricks on me? We are kept
    : pretty much at the LT for most of the class by the dominatrix instructors. Gotta love 'em.

    Err... what's an LT?

    Cheerz, Lynzz

  3. In article said:

    Raptor <[email hidden]> wrote:

    : Or is this a bio thing going on with my muscles? My body/mind playing tricks on me? We are kept
    : pretty much at the LT for most of the class by the dominatrix instructors. Gotta love 'em.

    Err... what's an LT?

    I assume Lactate Threshold in this context.

  4. Paul Southworth said:
    In article said:

    Raptor <[email hidden]> wrote:

    : Or is this a bio thing going on with my muscles? My body/mind playing tricks on me? We are kept
    : pretty much at the LT for most of the class by the dominatrix instructors. Gotta love 'em.

    Err... what's an LT?

    I assume Lactate Threshold in this context.

    Right. I'm going to start teaching my own classes soon (getting certified in May). I wonder if I'll
    be able to give my classes the same ugly workout I give myself.

    Anyway, my actual question, implied, is, could this perceived tightening of the resistence be a
    malfunction of the bike? It feels very real, and doesn't match my experience on a real bike.

    --
    --
    Lynn Wallace xmission.com~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we
    could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security." --Microsoft VP in
    charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.