Q: Reebok spinning cycles



Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raptor

Guest
I'm actually enjoying riding a stationary bike since I started going to spin classes at the gym.
It's a passable alternative to riding in unsettled or inclement weather. The bikes themselves are
okay, though I had to get used to their fixed-gear nature.

When I've cranked the resistance up and am hammering out of the saddle, I swear I feel the bike
"jam" a little harder under me. The pedaling gets noticeably harder. It sometimes ramps up even
harder after a second or two. I believe I'm pushing the resistance to near its lock-up point. Are
there any "experts" on these bikes anywhere? (I imagine maybe they're not subjected to rigorous
engineering.)

Or is this a bio thing going on with my muscles? My body/mind playing tricks on me? We are kept
pretty much at the LT for most of the class by the dominatrix instructors. Gotta love 'em.

--
--
Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we
could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security." --Microsoft VP in
charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.
 
L

Lindsay Rowland

Guest
Raptor <[email protected]> wrote:

: Or is this a bio thing going on with my muscles? My body/mind playing tricks on me? We are kept
: pretty much at the LT for most of the class by the dominatrix instructors. Gotta love 'em.

Err... what's an LT?

Cheerz, Lynzz
 
P

Paul Southworth

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, Lindsay Rowlands <[email protected]> wrote:
>Raptor <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>: Or is this a bio thing going on with my muscles? My body/mind playing tricks on me? We are kept
>: pretty much at the LT for most of the class by the dominatrix instructors. Gotta love 'em.
>
>Err... what's an LT?

I assume Lactate Threshold in this context.
 
R

Raptor

Guest
Paul Southworth wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Lindsay Rowlands <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Raptor <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>: Or is this a bio thing going on with my muscles? My body/mind playing tricks on me? We are kept
>>: pretty much at the LT for most of the class by the dominatrix instructors. Gotta love 'em.
>>
>>Err... what's an LT?
>
> I assume Lactate Threshold in this context.

Right. I'm going to start teaching my own classes soon (getting certified in May). I wonder if I'll
be able to give my classes the same ugly workout I give myself.

Anyway, my actual question, implied, is, could this perceived tightening of the resistence be a
malfunction of the bike? It feels very real, and doesn't match my experience on a real bike.

--
--
Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we
could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security." --Microsoft VP in
charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

B
Replies
59
Views
2K
N