Q: V brakes fit old canti brake frame?

mamba

Guest
Can I put v-brakes on a circa 1990 frame I want to convert to a
commuter? The existing fork has canti brakes on it. Any V-brakes that
will fit those bosses, and of course the rear brake bosses on the
frame?

I haven't purchased the frame yet, so can't test it out to answer the
Q.

Tnx

On 28 Aug 2006 12:17:29 -0700, mamba wrote:
> Can I put v-brakes on a circa 1990 frame I want to convert to a
> commuter? The existing fork has canti brakes on it. Any V-brakes that
> will fit those bosses, and of course the rear brake bosses on the
> frame?

That is exactly how mine is set up. The only real issue is that V-brakes
require long-pull brakes (or some sort of adapter gadget). I consider
braking too important to trust it to an adapter, so I replaced the brake
levers (which meant also replacing the shifters).

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address