QBP Travel Agent v brake adapter/World Class v-daptor

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simononon, May 27, 2003.

  1. Simononon

    Simononon Guest

    Anyone have any good/bad experience of these?

    TIA

    Tags:

  2. Simononon wrote:

    > Anyone have any good/bad experience of these?
    >
    > TIA

    Fiddly to set up, still mushy, expensive and might not clear the rear carrier. Current thinking
    favours 287v levers or cantilevers a la Tektro Onyx. /Marten

  3. Simononon

    Simononon Guest

    > Current thinking favours 287v levers or cantilevers a la Tektro Onyx.

    Thanks Marten.

    Is this your opinion or general opinion? I can't do canti's as I don't have hangers front or rear/
    don't want the hassle of adjusting cantilevers. Anyone know whether any parts manufacturers have a
    combined v-brake/STI shifter in the pipeline? If so, I want one.

  4. Simononon

    Simononon Guest

    > Anyone know whether any parts manufacturers have a combined v-brake/STI shifter in the pipeline?
    > If so, I want one.

    (actually, I want two)

  5. Simononon wrote:

    > > Current thinking favours 287v levers or cantilevers a la Tektro Onyx.
    >
    > Thanks Marten.
    >
    > Is this your opinion or general opinion? I can't do canti's as I don't have hangers front or rear/
    > don't want the hassle of adjusting cantilevers. Anyone know whether any parts manufacturers have a
    > combined v-brake/STI shifter in the pipeline? If so, I want one.

    1) http://www.phred.org/~alex/bikes/brakes.html

    2) new style cantilevers are dead easy to adjust

    3) seatclamps and headsets exist with built in hangers
    --
    Marten

  6. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Thanks for the link Marten.

    These adapters do seem a bit kludgey. But I'm going to have to think about this as I've just put a
    new set of v-brakes on it and I'll have to ditch them if I go for cantis. I may have to bite the
    bullet and go for it as it seems a much more sensible solution.

    "M-Gineering import & framebouw" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Simononon wrote:
    > >
    > > > Current thinking favours 287v levers or cantilevers a la Tektro Onyx.
    > >
    > > Thanks Marten.
    > >
    > > Is this your opinion or general opinion? I can't do canti's as I don't
    have
    > > hangers front or rear/ don't want the hassle of adjusting cantilevers. Anyone know whether any
    > > parts manufacturers have a combined v-brake/STI shifter in the pipeline? If so, I want one.
    >
    > 1) http://www.phred.org/~alex/bikes/brakes.html
    >
    > 2) new style cantilevers are dead easy to adjust
    >
    > 3) seatclamps and headsets exist with built in hangers
    > --
    > Marten

  7. Mark

    Mark Guest

    "Simononon" wrote:
    > Anyone have any good/bad experience of these?
    >
    > TIA
    Bad. Difficult to set up, I chucked them and got Dia-Compe 287V levers. If you can find a way to fit
    cable hangers the Avid cantis are really nice, powerful, easy to set up. Otherwise V-brakes are
    powerful and easy to set up too, aren't they? HTH<
    --
    mark