Qu-Ax tire

Hi Robbo! As far as I know you can't really go wrong with tyres -they'll
all pretty much cope with a lot of abuse.

If you really want to spend some money on improving your uni you might
want to consider buying a new tyre but it will only make your ride
slightly lighter.

Hope this helps
AndyC
([email protected])

--
andycookuk

"Wisest is he who knows he knows nothing"
andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138

Maxxis:

Positive:
Grippy

Negative:
Wears down quickly

Luna:

Positive:
Lasts for ages

Negative:
Folding at sidehops

P.S. Yup

--
DustinMichels

Biologically speaking, if something bites you it's more likely to be
female. - Desmond Morris

If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie. -
Rask

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's
too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

I can resist everything except temptation. - Oscar Wilde
DustinMichels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10289

> Maxxis:
>
> Positive:
> Grippy
>
> Negative:
> Wears down quickly
>
> Luna:
>
> Positive:
> Lasts for ages
>
> Negative:
> Folding at sidehops

The maxxis is much worse with folding on sidehops, Luna hardly folds at
all. I don't notice much differance with the grip either. I think the
only advantage of the maxxis is that it's lighter.

--
president_luke
president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

robbo333 wrote:
> I just got a Qu-Ax and I was wondering should I keep the big fat tire or
> get another trials tire? This one is pretty heavy and I DOnt know if it
> will the affect the big hops i will eventualy be doing.

Well, as far as the hopping goes, any tire will pretty much do. If you
think of yourself as a 75kg person, 200 grams more or less on your tire
won't make a difference. Also, I have the 'standard' (Qu-ax supplies
20" trial uni's with both Lunas and Maxxis CCs) Maxxis tire, and can
jump 29" pretty good. Thanks for the extra 4 odd inches in stable jump
height go to Ryan Atkins for a few pointers on my technique ;)

--
Erant

Live free, prosper, and under my rule.
Erant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9986