Qu-Ax tire

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by robbo333, Dec 26, 2005.

  1. robbo333

    robbo333 Guest

    I just got a Qu-Ax and I was wondering should I keep the big fat tire or
    get another trials tire? This one is pretty heavy and I DOnt know if it
    will the affect the big hops i will eventualy be doing.

    --
    robbo333
    robbo333's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11163

  2. andycookuk

    andycookuk Guest

    Hi Robbo! As far as I know you can't really go wrong with tyres -they'll
    all pretty much cope with a lot of abuse.

    If you really want to spend some money on improving your uni you might
    want to consider buying a new tyre but it will only make your ride
    slightly lighter.

    Hope this helps
    AndyC
    ([email protected])

    --
    andycookuk

    "Wisest is he who knows he knows nothing"
    andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138

  3. gollum89

    gollum89 Guest

  4. Maxxis:

    Positive:
    Grippy

    Negative:
    Wears down quickly

    Luna:

    Positive:
    Lasts for ages

    Negative:
    Folding at sidehops

    P.S. Yup

    --
    DustinMichels

    Biologically speaking, if something bites you it's more likely to be
    female. - Desmond Morris

    If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie. -
    Rask

    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's
    too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

    I can resist everything except temptation. - Oscar Wilde
    DustinMichels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10289

  5. > Maxxis:

    > Positive:
    > Grippy
    >
    > Negative:
    > Wears down quickly
    >
    > Luna:
    >
    > Positive:
    > Lasts for ages
    >
    > Negative:
    > Folding at sidehops

    The maxxis is much worse with folding on sidehops, Luna hardly folds at
    all. I don't notice much differance with the grip either. I think the
    only advantage of the maxxis is that it's lighter.

    --
    president_luke
    president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

  6. Erant

    Erant Guest

    robbo333 wrote:
    > I just got a Qu-Ax and I was wondering should I keep the big fat tire or
    > get another trials tire? This one is pretty heavy and I DOnt know if it
    > will the affect the big hops i will eventualy be doing.

    Well, as far as the hopping goes, any tire will pretty much do. If you
    think of yourself as a 75kg person, 200 grams more or less on your tire
    won't make a difference. Also, I have the 'standard' (Qu-ax supplies
    20" trial uni's with both Lunas and Maxxis CCs) Maxxis tire, and can
    jump 29" pretty good. Thanks for the extra 4 odd inches in stable jump
    height go to Ryan Atkins for a few pointers on my technique ;)

    --
    Erant

    Live free, prosper, and under my rule.
    Erant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9986