Qualify as a Recumbent Bicycle?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jim, Feb 26, 2003.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Following a thread on a previous post led to this website. Does the vehicle featured, qualify as a
    recumbent?

    http://www.waterpillar.biz

    Jim

    Tags:

  2. If it does not soon stop snowing, one of these vehicles may be the solution and YES it is a Bent in
    that the seating position is reclined and the BB is set forward.
    "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:m%[email protected]...
    > Following a thread on a previous post led to this website. Does the vehicle featured, qualify as a
    > recumbent?
    >
    > http://www.waterpillar.biz
    >
    > Jim

  3. Dj Blag

    Dj Blag Guest

  4. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    I vote yes. It also qualifies as a di-cycle.

    John Riley

    Jim wrote:

    > Following a thread on a previous post led to this website. Does the vehicle featured, qualify as a
    > recumbent?
    >
    > http://www.waterpillar.biz
    >
    > Jim

  5. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Josh.... can't agree more, we're at 241 inches of snow and counting here in Western NY. Where abouts
    are you? With any kind of luck I'll get the bikes out of the basement by July 4th.

    Bill Ryan Vanguard, Duplex

    "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:f3h7a.10705

    > If it does not soon stop snowing, one of these vehicles may be the
    solution
    > and YES it is a Bent in that the seating position is reclined and the BB
    is
    > set forward.

  6. N.W. corner of U of T Campus in beautiful...ack, gasp, cough Downtown Toronto
    "Bill" <mcaninch(at)cecomet.net> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Josh.... can't agree more, we're at 241 inches of snow and counting here
    in
    > Western NY. Where abouts are you? With any kind of luck I'll get the
    bikes
    > out of the basement by July 4th.
    >
    > Bill Ryan Vanguard, Duplex
    >

    > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:f3h7a.10705
    >
    > > If it does not soon stop snowing, one of these vehicles may be the
    > solution
    > > and YES it is a Bent in that the seating position is reclined and the BB
    > is
    > > set forward.

    ==----------
    > http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    > -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers
    =-----

  7. John W

    John W Guest

  8. Breezed

    Breezed Guest

    Would be interesting to see that on the next recumbent ride. No worries in traffic. If hit, you'd
    just bounce around like a big pinball for a while. Wonder if they make a high performance model with
    fairing? Must need one big ass tire pump though. And where do you mount the kickstand?

  9. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    John Riley wrote:
    > I vote yes. It also qualifies as a di-cycle.

    Looks more like a monocycle to me. It certainly doesn't qualify as a bicycle, anyway. But it is
    recumbent.

    Thomas Paine

  10. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:

    > John Riley wrote:
    > > I vote yes. It also qualifies as a di-cycle.
    >
    > Looks more like a monocycle to me. It certainly doesn't qualify as a bicycle, anyway. But it is
    > recumbent.

    These have two wheels so they would be dicycles ("two wheels mounted on a common axis," according to
    Sharp). Monocycles have one wheel, as here (scroll down):

    http://www.bicyclecommuter.com/Monocycle.htm

    John Riley

  11. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > John Riley wrote:
    > > I vote yes. It also qualifies as a di-cycle.
    >
    > Looks more like a monocycle to me. It certainly doesn't qualify as a bicycle, anyway. But it is
    > recumbent.

    No, a monocycle has one wheel which surrounds the rider. A dicycle has two wheels which are mounted
    side-by-side, like this machine. Another semi-famous dicycle is the kinetic sculpture "Killer
    Tomato": http://fst.orst.edu/bob_durst/story1.html

    Jeff

  12. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    [email protected] (breezed) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Would be interesting to see that on the next recumbent ride. No worries in traffic. If hit, you'd
    > just bounce around like a big pinball for a while. Wonder if they make a high performance model
    > with fairing? Must need one big ass tire pump though. And where do you mount the kickstand?

    The company needs to offer a high performance package. lots of helium :)

  13. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    John Riley wrote:
    > These have two wheels so they would be dicycles ("two wheels mounted on a common axis," according
    > to Sharp). Monocycles have one wheel, as here (scroll down):

    Whoops, I didn't look down the page. The side on picture at the top of the page looks very much like
    a monocycle (and reminded me of the picture at the bottom of this page:
    http://www.unicycling.com/garage/bigwheel.htm ). From the head on picture further down, it's very
    clearly a dicycle.

    > http://www.bicyclecommuter.com/Monocycle.htm

    Umm, yeah, I actually wrote part of the FAQ referred to (though not the part on monocycles), and was
    one of the proposers for the creation of rec.sport.unicycling back in 1995. Which makes it that bit
    more embarrassing.

    This is the best monocycle site I know of: http://www.dself.demon.co.uk/motorwhl/motorwhl.htm

    Thomas Paine