Qualify as a Recumbent Bicycle?



Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joshua Goldberg

Guest
If it does not soon stop snowing, one of these vehicles may be the solution and YES it is a Bent in
that the seating position is reclined and the BB is set forward.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:m%[email protected]...
> Following a thread on a previous post led to this website. Does the vehicle featured, qualify as a
> recumbent?
>
> http://www.waterpillar.biz
>
> Jim
 
J

John Riley

Guest
I vote yes. It also qualifies as a di-cycle.

John Riley

Jim wrote:
>
> Following a thread on a previous post led to this website. Does the vehicle featured, qualify as a
> recumbent?
>
> http://www.waterpillar.biz
>
> Jim
 
B

Bill

Guest
Josh.... can't agree more, we're at 241 inches of snow and counting here in Western NY. Where abouts
are you? With any kind of luck I'll get the bikes out of the basement by July 4th.

Bill Ryan Vanguard, Duplex

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:f3h7a.10705

> If it does not soon stop snowing, one of these vehicles may be the
solution
> and YES it is a Bent in that the seating position is reclined and the BB
is
> set forward.

-----------== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Uncensored Usenet News ==----------
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =-----
 
J

Joshua Goldberg

Guest
N.W. corner of U of T Campus in beautiful...ack, gasp, cough Downtown Toronto
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Bill" <mcaninch(at)cecomet.net> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Josh.... can't agree more, we're at 241 inches of snow and counting here
in
> Western NY. Where abouts are you? With any kind of luck I'll get the
bikes
> out of the basement by July 4th.
>
> Bill Ryan Vanguard, Duplex
>
>
> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:f3h7a.10705
>
> > If it does not soon stop snowing, one of these vehicles may be the
> solution
> > and YES it is a Bent in that the seating position is reclined and the BB
> is
> > set forward.
>
>
>
>
> -----------== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Uncensored Usenet News
==----------
> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers
=-----
 
B

Breezed

Guest
Would be interesting to see that on the next recumbent ride. No worries in traffic. If hit, you'd
just bounce around like a big pinball for a while. Wonder if they make a high performance model with
fairing? Must need one big ass tire pump though. And where do you mount the kickstand?
 
J

John Riley

Guest
Danny Colyer wrote:
>
> John Riley wrote:
> > I vote yes. It also qualifies as a di-cycle.
>
> Looks more like a monocycle to me. It certainly doesn't qualify as a bicycle, anyway. But it is
> recumbent.

These have two wheels so they would be dicycles ("two wheels mounted on a common axis," according to
Sharp). Monocycles have one wheel, as here (scroll down):

http://www.bicyclecommuter.com/Monocycle.htm

John Riley
 
J

Jeff Wills

Guest
"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> John Riley wrote:
> > I vote yes. It also qualifies as a di-cycle.
>
> Looks more like a monocycle to me. It certainly doesn't qualify as a bicycle, anyway. But it is
> recumbent.

No, a monocycle has one wheel which surrounds the rider. A dicycle has two wheels which are mounted
side-by-side, like this machine. Another semi-famous dicycle is the kinetic sculpture "Killer
Tomato": http://fst.orst.edu/bob_durst/story1.html

Jeff
 
B

Bill B

Guest
[email protected] (breezed) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Would be interesting to see that on the next recumbent ride. No worries in traffic. If hit, you'd
> just bounce around like a big pinball for a while. Wonder if they make a high performance model
> with fairing? Must need one big ass tire pump though. And where do you mount the kickstand?

The company needs to offer a high performance package. lots of helium :)
 
D

Danny Colyer

Guest
John Riley wrote:
> These have two wheels so they would be dicycles ("two wheels mounted on a common axis," according
> to Sharp). Monocycles have one wheel, as here (scroll down):

Whoops, I didn't look down the page. The side on picture at the top of the page looks very much like
a monocycle (and reminded me of the picture at the bottom of this page:
http://www.unicycling.com/garage/bigwheel.htm ). From the head on picture further down, it's very
clearly a dicycle.

> http://www.bicyclecommuter.com/Monocycle.htm

Umm, yeah, I actually wrote part of the FAQ referred to (though not the part on monocycles), and was
one of the proposers for the creation of rec.sport.unicycling back in 1995. Which makes it that bit
more embarrassing.

This is the best monocycle site I know of: http://www.dself.demon.co.uk/motorwhl/motorwhl.htm

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny ) Recumbent cycle page:
http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/ "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -
Thomas Paine
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads